Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#32848 - 06/26/07 08:03 PM spraying sound under the car
GRAND_PRIX_07 Offline
Loc: LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
hey guys whats up i have a question and concerned ever since i changed both o2 sensors less than a month already everytime i use the car for a few hours in the day and its hot outside and i park my car while its still on i hear like a spray can spraying sound around my exhaust area near the middle to the end of the car and then when i turnt he car off and come back in my garage about an hour later it smells like gas fumes is this normal let me know guys i have a 97 grand prix se non supercharged
#32849 - 06/26/07 08:23 PM Re: spraying sound under the car
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Could be the gas pump.
Some say when it's about to die it make that sound, but, mine did 3 years ago, suddenly it stoped and no problem since that.

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
----------------------------------
#32850 - 06/26/07 11:09 PM Re: spraying sound under the car
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
I don't know about the fuel pump or not.

You could also have a pinhole leak in a fuel line or at the connectors for the fuel filter.

You should probably get it looked at. if you are actually spraying gas near your hot exhaust pipes that can't be good.
#32851 - 06/27/07 01:25 AM Re: spraying sound under the car
Kev-GTP Offline
Loc: Dallas, Tx
It is the fuel pump, my car is doing it as well. If you notice, a lot of the older like 2000 and up yukons/suburbans make that noise. And Alex is right, it does that when its about to croak. If it doesn't bother you, you could probably get away with using it for a couple more months, depending on how loud it is, but it would also be a good idea to get it replaced.
#32852 - 06/27/07 09:05 AM Re: spraying sound under the car
SlickGTP Offline
Loc: Houston, TX
My concern would be the smell of gas fumes... I'd look into it or take it somewhere to have it looked at.

Kinda sorta, yeah, no?

'02 Black GTP - RIP 03/03/08 ||| '06 Black G35 MT6 - Stock ||| '73 Chevy half ton(resurrected)
#32853 - 06/27/07 11:03 PM Re: spraying sound under the car
*Nice-Try* Offline
Loc: Kitchener, Ontario
Does sound like the fuel pump ..constant hummmm??
As per the odour does ur gas cap seal right? The system is under constant pressure when it is hot out. The charcoal canister will also purge if it is too full