Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#35053 - 05/10/02 03:35 PM Buffing Instructions
Pat Offline
Loc: Baltimore, MD
I'm noticing a lot of swirl marks on my car now and also I haven't waxed it in a while. I have a buffer, but I don't think I'd like to take it to my car. My dad used it on his boat and its made by black and decker. It looks pretty cheap.

I'd like to buy a new buffer. Can anyone recommend a good brand thats not to expensive? Should I buy a variable speed buffer or does it not matter? I was told that you want a really soft pad under the cloth but I don't know.

Also, Does anyone have any instructions on how to do it. What not to do would also help. Any tips, tricks or things to look out for? How often should you buff your car? What products should you use and in what order?

I know it's a lot of questions but I'm sure it will help out a lot of people if they use the archives. Thanks
17'' AE 077's, front and rear strut tower braces, 3.4 pulley, cold air intake, u-bend removed, all poly bushings up front, blazertech 3200's, PIAA headlights, disabled DRL's, Viper 600 alarm, 35% tinted windows, Alpine 7893 headunit, 2-12'' JL12w3 subs, Cadence amp, blue neons in the trunk, 3 gauge pillar pod ...
14.2 @ 98
Headers, cat and 3" MSP exhaust are sitting in the living room waiting to be installed
#35054 - 05/13/02 11:49 AM Re: Buffing Instructions
Shag Finger Offline
Loc: Born and raised in Baltimore, ...
You MUST MUST MUST get a random orbit buffer or have years and years of experience on a standard grinder/buffer. You can get an inexpensive orbital one from Wal-Mart, Sears, Sam's Club etc. IMHO there is no need to spend $500 on a buffer when a $50 one will do just as good for you. Its not the tool, its the operator. But most definately get an orbital one or else you will burn your paint off your car with a regular one.