Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#37374 - 04/26/07 04:05 PM CAI.....or
GTPJesse Offline
Loc: Wis
Hey Guys

I have a question about getting a CAI by K&N or just replacing the stock filter with the K&N....I have a 99 GTP, and I've heard that air box is much better than previous ones......oh yeah, I did get U Bend Delete yesterday but Dp, and other mods coming soon!
Appearance mods= 20% tint all around, HID's, rerouted flashes to fogs and tails, front grill has a Red Gtp badge,Calipers painted red, engine cover painted silver, and with red lettering, rear pontiac red overlays, and side Gtp badges have red overlays, Silver star fogs, A piller w/gauges boost installed, oil, knock have to be installed, and a GPS.

Mods to come= 3" DP, and others........haven't thought about it
#37375 - 04/26/07 04:06 PM Re: CAI.....or
GTPJesse Offline
hey sorry that i posted twice!!!
Appearance mods= 20% tint all around, HID's, rerouted flashes to fogs and tails, front grill has a Red Gtp badge,Calipers painted red, engine cover painted silver, and with red lettering, rear pontiac red overlays, and side Gtp badges have red overlays, Silver star fogs, A piller w/gauges boost installed, oil, knock have to be installed, and a GPS.

#37376 - 04/26/07 04:38 PM Re: CAI.....or
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
you can "gut" your stock air box or even better you can make your own CAI/FWI. If you do a search you should find a write up on how to do it. I think I might even have one on my website.
#37377 - 04/26/07 05:03 PM Re: CAI.....or
GTPJesse Offline
Okay if I "gut" it out will it increase as much air as the K&N Cai? I'm looking to get the most I can........

#37378 - 04/26/07 05:22 PM Re: CAI.....or
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
It's an in between. It flows better then stock but not as good as a cai.
#37379 - 04/26/07 06:01 PM Re: CAI.....or
GTPJesse Offline
idk for me I would rather have it look better, and produce more power than making something myself

#37380 - 04/26/07 06:08 PM Re: CAI.....or
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
i think a cone filter looks pretty good. and it makes more power. and its real simple to do
#37381 - 04/26/07 06:14 PM Re: CAI.....or
GTPJesse Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
i think a cone filter looks pretty good. and it makes more power. and its real simple to do
If I chose to just add the Cone filter.....what are all the things that I need to go about doing this mod...

#37382 - 04/26/07 07:00 PM Re: CAI.....or
2001GT-20 Offline
Loc: Washington
45* street elbow, 3-3 coupler and a K&N cone filter..
#37383 - 04/26/07 07:13 PM Re: CAI.....or
Igor Offline
Loc: Columbia/College Park, MD
What I suggest is going to PFYC. They have an option for a CAI (just basic). I have it and it works really well. It's solid stuff and fits perfectly. Here's the link.

http://www.pfyc.com/pc/WB3002/GPUNDER/Installation+Kit+for+Universal+Cone+Filters.html
#37384 - 04/26/07 07:55 PM Re: CAI.....or
Baas140 Offline
Loc: Grand Rapids Michigan
chico is selling a fwi for 60 bucks... its real nice looking and if i remember right, the filter is new... check the everything else section to see it...
#37385 - 04/26/07 08:09 PM Re: CAI.....or
Kev-GTP Offline
Loc: Dallas, Tx
I just ordered the Speedbuilt FWI for the new GP last week instead of making one. So I'm with Jesse on this one. I made my own FWI my old GP and I was just never proud to open up the hoop and show any one. It worked great but didn't look that good. So Jesse I would recommend the Speedbuilt FWI from PFYC.

Speedbuilt FWI

I think that looks pretty sweet, and will do a great job as far as getting some nice cold air.
Hope this helps.
#37386 - 04/26/07 08:24 PM Re: CAI.....or
GTPJesse Offline
Hey Kevin

I like that one.....but idk the K&N looks a lot better, and idk I think it will give me the most I can. Thanks!

Ill see about chico FWI.....MAYBE