Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#37466 - 03/25/05 08:52 PM Re: Bose stereo?
WYTHE Offline
Loc: Campbell River B.C.
KyleGT I would recommend staying with the eclipse speakers or getting the alpines. They are much better quality than Kenwood.
#37467 - 03/25/05 10:12 PM Re: Bose stereo?
KyleGT Offline
Loc: Madison, WI
As for the 6x9s I really think Im gonna go with Kenwoods, because that's what I had in my Corsica, and they sounded great. Also, the Kenwoods can handle lower frequencies (I think the lowest they can handle is like 28 Hz, whereas the Eclipse and Alpine 6x9s only go down to like 40 HZ.). Theres a few songs I listen to alot that have some really really low notes that you just can't hear in speakers that can't handle low enough frequencies.

I would probably get the Alpines or Eclipses if I were to have a subwoofer, but I can't see myself getting one anytime soon.

Galaxy Silver Metallic 2001 GT ~ 70k miles Eclipse CD5425 deck, Eclipse & Kenwood speakers, Silverstars, rear bumper inlays, debadged, Flowmaster Super 40s and Gibson tips
#37468 - 03/25/05 10:55 PM Re: Bose stereo?
WYTHE Offline
No sub? Thats the first thing I get! I sugggest some kicker subs and a large amp. You will never be without once youve had them.
#37469 - 03/25/05 10:59 PM Re: Bose stereo?
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Quote:
Originally posted by WYTHE:
No sub? Thats the first thing I get! I sugggest some kicker subs and a large amp. You will never be without once youve had them.
Yep, I'm happy with my Kickers, even if my amp is weak. Amps get pretty expensive.
#37470 - 03/25/05 11:24 PM Re: Bose stereo?
WYTHE Offline
What kickers do you have? I had 2 10 inch comp vr first but they got stolen. Now I have 2 10 inch solobarics. Big amps are super expensive, thats were having dual voice coils comes in handy.
#37471 - 03/26/05 12:38 AM Re: Bose stereo?
KyleGT Offline
Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a sub or 2, but they take up soo much space and cost a little too much for me. Well, subs themselves are decent priced, but then you have to buy a box, amp, wiring, etc.

Galaxy Silver Metallic 2001 GT ~ 70k miles Eclipse CD5425 deck, Eclipse & Kenwood speakers, Silverstars, rear bumper inlays, debadged, Flowmaster Super 40s and Gibson tips
#37472 - 03/26/05 12:44 PM Re: Bose stereo?
UMfan Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by WYTHE:
What kickers do you have? I had 2 10 inch comp vr first but they got stolen. Now I have 2 10 inch solobarics. Big amps are super expensive, thats were having dual voice coils comes in handy.
I have 2 10" comp vrs. They are in a standard box. I had them wire it with something called a "bullet plug" (I think that is the name). It's a gold plated fitting that "pops" out of the sub enclosure so I can remove my subs real easy. It's come in handy when I want to use the pass through.

I guess it degrades the sound quality a bit, but I don't notice it.
#37473 - 03/30/05 09:46 PM Re: Bose stereo?
KyleGT Offline
So yeah... I finally have my speakers installed now. They sound great!!!

#37474 - 03/31/05 12:34 PM Re: Bose stereo?
blown_gp Offline
Loc: Memphis
Quote:
Originally posted by KyleGT:
Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a sub or 2, but they take up soo much space and cost a little too much for me. Well, subs themselves are decent priced, but then you have to buy a box, amp, wiring, etc.
I had 2 10" Punches and 1 60W RF Punch amp, a 30 dollar amp intallation kit (total cost 300$) did not want a box for several reasons, space, money, weight, etc. so I mounted the speakers on the rear deck in place of the 6X9ers using the free air theory I use the trunk as my box, the sound improved 80% which proves that sound just as in performance does not have to break the bank when done right.
#37475 - 03/31/05 03:00 PM Re: Bose stereo?
UMfan Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by blown_gp:
Quote:
Originally posted by KyleGT:
[b] Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a sub or 2, but they take up soo much space and cost a little too much for me. Well, subs themselves are decent priced, but then you have to buy a box, amp, wiring, etc.
I had 2 10" Punches and 1 60W RF Punch amp, a 30 dollar amp intallation kit (total cost 300$) did not want a box for several reasons, space, money, weight, etc. so I mounted the speakers on the rear deck in place of the 6X9ers using the free air theory I use the trunk as my box, the sound improved 80% which proves that sound just as in performance does not have to break the bank when done right. [/b]
So you got rid of your 6x9s?! I'm guessing you only had the ones in the doors for your mid/low range speakers then?
#37476 - 03/31/05 03:43 PM Re: Bose stereo?
blown_gp Offline
Loc: Memphis
[/qb][/QUOTE]So you got rid of your 6x9s?! I'm guessing you only had the ones in the doors for your mid/low range speakers then? [/QB][/QUOTE]

yes, if you look at the BOSE wiring diagram the 6X9ers ARE your subwoofers! (part of the reason why bass is the major complaint on our systems) when I had the amp wired to the stock HU I had to put the gain on my amp to the MAX and the HU bass to the MIN in order to hear my mid range, talk about being restricted, but then I bought my HU that has multiple gain controls, 7 band equilizer, SUB gain, etc already incorporated, I bypassed the mediocre BOSE amp and I was in car audio nirvana in less than $600 total!
#37477 - 03/31/05 04:20 PM Re: Bose stereo?
UMfan Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by blown_gp:
So you got rid of your 6x9s?! I'm guessing you only had the ones in the doors for your mid/low range speakers then? [/QB][/QUOTE]

yes, if you look at the BOSE wiring diagram the 6X9ers ARE your subwoofers! (part of the reason why bass is the major complaint on our systems) when I had the amp wired to the stock HU I had to put the gain on my amp to the MAX and the HU bass to the MIN in order to hear my mid range, talk about being restricted, but then I bought my HU that has multiple gain controls, 7 band equilizer, SUB gain, etc already incorporated, I bypassed the mediocre BOSE amp and I was in car audio nirvana in less than $600 total! [/QB][/QUOTE]

Hmm...interesting.

Still happy with my setup. 8 speakers and 2 subs. Plenty of bass. All is good.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3