Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#3894 - 12/02/07 10:31 PM Re: One small Reason GP's make Mustangs look like little girls.
chotchie Offline
Loc: providence RI
im brining back the stang and gp battle....just because of what happend yesterday when me and my buddies went to the mall the other day, it was a 45 minute drive anyways: it was a 2000-something not the new ones, i dont know what the heck it was because it had a cobra emblem on the side and saleen stickers all over it, i think it was just a confused gt, it looked nice though. he was in front of my and i flew bye him and made sure he heard my blower squeel, then he turned off the road, about ten minutes later he ended up behind me, i seen he front end lift so i knew he was trying to pass me, so i romped it when he got to my rear bumper and he stayed right next to me, never passed, then he backed off, it was funny, i dont think it was a cobra he would have smoked me, and i didnt hear a chrger under his hood.......good times

tranny cooling kit and shift kit,valve cover breather,3.25 MPS,MSD coilpacks,K&N open cone,pacesetters,40 series FM,1.9 rockers w/ 105 springs,MSP"TBv2" poly mounts,180* T-stat,NGK TR6 v-groove,N* TB,EGR delete,42# injectors,ported eaton blower.
#3895 - 12/03/07 12:49 AM Re: One small Reason GP's make Mustangs look like little girls.
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
The boyfriend of one of the gals I work with has a Mustang, and he bought a Cobra body kit to put on it, but it doesn't have any of the Cobra power. lol
#3896 - 12/05/07 07:34 PM Re: One small Reason GP's make Mustangs look like little girls.
R6 Offline
Loc: Lacona, NY
give me a Z06 over a stang. anyday
#3897 - 12/05/07 08:22 PM Re: One small Reason GP's make Mustangs look like little girls.
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by R6:
give me a Z06 over a stang. anyday
confused thats not a fair comparison...

but of course, i would take a vette
#3898 - 12/05/07 08:34 PM Re: One small Reason GP's make Mustangs look like little girls.
Drakhan Offline
Loc: Columbia, SC
I saw a saleen mustang at the gas pump last week. It pulled into the pump next to me...pretty loud car. I doubt my stock GT could take it.

I WANT: Twin Charge or CSC
#3899 - 12/06/07 08:16 AM Re: One small Reason GP's make Mustangs look like little girls.
Acefighter Offline
Saleen? Not a chance. The SLOWEST Saleen puts out 335hp/345 torque. But, that's not even remotely a stock Mustang.

The cop car in Transformers was Saleen, and that car is HOTT! laugh
#3900 - 12/06/07 10:08 AM Re: One small Reason GP's make Mustangs look like little girls.
2fast4u Offline
Loc: Livonia, MI
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
Saleen? Not a chance. The SLOWEST Saleen puts out 335hp/345 torque. But, that's not even remotely a stock Mustang.

The cop car in Transformers was Saleen, and that car is HOTT! laugh
but the camaro still kicked its butt!!!!!!!!

Mods: 11.87@115 strictly stock
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/98-GTP-burnout_207724.htm
#3901 - 12/06/07 07:57 PM Re: One small Reason GP's make Mustangs look like little girls.
Acefighter Offline
Yes, but if you noticed, that Camaro had individual throttle bodies... eek

That chase scene had the potential to be the best scene in the movie - two fast cars, great rock music, but it ended in 15 seconds. mad
#3902 - 12/07/07 09:39 AM Re: One small Reason GP's make Mustangs look like little girls.
2fast4u Offline
Loc: Livonia, MI
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
Yes, but if you noticed, that Camaro had individual throttle bodies... eek

That chase scene had the potential to be the best scene in the movie - two fast cars, great rock music, but it ended in 15 seconds. mad
and 1 really really extreamly super amazingly hot girl !!! cheers

Mods: 11.87@115 strictly stock
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/98-GTP-burnout_207724.htm
#3903 - 12/07/07 01:15 PM Re: One small Reason GP's make Mustangs look like little girls.
Acefighter Offline
Um...no, she really wasn't. lol Maybe I'm the only one that thinks that, but I didn't find her the least bit good-looking.
#3904 - 06/04/08 02:21 PM Re: One small Reason GP's make Mustangs look like little girls.
Dragon@Heart Offline
Loc: Fayetteville, Arkansas
If I may say something, I can honestly say I do not like how Mustangs from about 1985 to 2004 drive or feel, and I was not impressed by anything but the power. I drove a 1985 Mustang GT with a carbed. 302 with a 351 speced cam (which made it pretty quick...) and it was nice to drive, but I kept noticing something, besides the overly light steering, everytime I hit a bump, I felt the rear end wiggle a bit. Well, I thought that was just worn out bushings and dimissed the issue, and figured, what the hell, if I can buy it, I can fix that easy enough. Fast forward to me being back here, and I drove a friend's 2004 Mustang GT, which I didn't like how it drove even more than the 85, even though the chassis felt more solid. The reason I didn't like it? Well, besides the fact that the shifter gate was turned slightly toward the driver (why Ford did that is beyond me) and I kept missing 3rd, but it still had that little wiggle in the rear end after hitting a bump. I have been in a few Camaros, and not a single one of those had this issue. But, it goes to prove a few points about Ford, 1, they put WAAAAY too much money into the F150 pickups, and 2, that Ford should have killed off that chassis in the 90's, instead of trying to band-aid the chassis all those years. The Grand Prix, in my opinion, is more fun to drive than the 'stang because it handles well, and its quick enough, though, I do have plans to do alot more to my GP soon, if I can.
#3905 - 06/04/08 04:31 PM Re: One small Reason GP's make Mustangs look like little girls.
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
You miss the point. The Mustang is still in production and the Camaro isn't. The Mustang sold (at a lower price point) and made profits, the Camaro didn't. Ford milked the design and put as little money into it as possible, which allowed them to reap profits out of the existing platform. The Camaro, while it might have had a better suspension, was more expensive and didn't sell well.

Also, the V6 are the sellers. V8s are just the cream whipping on top.
#3906 - 06/04/08 05:37 PM Re: One small Reason GP's make Mustangs look like little girls.
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I still think the killing of the Fbody was more out of spite to the factory in Canada then anything but they plan on building them in Canada again so who knows. Obviously I don't lol. I do know GM wanted to move production to the states but they were running into roadblocks of somekind. I think Union related something like Fbodies will be built by these guys in plant X. GM wanted to make em in Plant Y and when people wouldn't budge GM kills the Fbody to do what they want and stick it to the Union. Low sales were just a good excuse.

I've never driven a stang so I really can't comment on em just know the numbers are out there and people either love em or hate em.
#3907 - 06/04/08 06:42 PM Re: One small Reason GP's make Mustangs look like little girls.
72chevman Offline
Loc: Where Dorthy,Toto & Wicked Wit...
Quote:
Originally posted by chotchie:
it had a cobra emblem on the side and saleen stickers all over it, i think it was just a confused gt,
Sounds like some 18 year old backwards hat wearing kid got ebay happy with stickers. Most guys I know with a Saleen keep it stock except for maybe wheels, as it is worth more that way. If it had Saleen stickers all over it, it was probably a standard GT with all the wrong bolt ons and ebay parts promising 20 HP each.
03 GT, STB, GM HD sway bars, 35% tint, GE893(37watt)fogs, Flowtech Terminators, 180 T-stat, ZZP DP & PCM, Ceramic PLOG & Crossover, 18" glasspack, 2007 17" Mustang Bullits 235/55/17 Pirelli PZero Nero, 12" R1 D\S rotors, gutted air box, GTP radiator
#3908 - 06/04/08 10:05 PM Re: One small Reason GP's make Mustangs look like little girls.
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
i have driven a stang gt and all i have to say was i was so dissapointed it was bad i wanted to hide in this car as i was driving it there was no power there
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >