Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#39079 - 05/04/07 09:12 PM Raced Mach 1 (little lengthy)
20gtp02 Offline
So last night (thurs) I rode to a buddies to go do some tuning. Well we decided to take his 96 Monte Carlo out since on Thursdays there are some folks that meet up at this Kmart. So we wanted to see what was happening. We took some glances and spoke to some strange folk. Some guy said he had just bought a Mach 1 Stang (305hp/320tq). So we eventually headed out to go pick up my car. We did some scanning on the way back to the kmart. We did some more glancing and this one fool said his buddy with the Mach 1 was going to race this POS mazda ext cab truck. So we sat facing the road (In front of The Daytona Speedway as a matter of fact) and watched this Stang tear up this truck (Told the guy it would happen but he said the truck was fast). So They returned and my buddy was finishing some tuning. So I asked the guy if he wanted to run (the guy who was with the Stang owner) and this kid had a 3400 Impala on like 20", 3 15" in the back, dual exhaust, blah blah, and he said his Impala was turboed. I was like right, from the sound it def wasn't. So He came over and said what you gonna race. I said this (GTP), and he chuckled and laughed. I said seriously. He said "Well what you got done to it?" I was like umm...and my buddy said "Tuning" but the guy didn't hear, and I said "Just a stock supercharger". So he said "Naw". I said believe it, check out the badge and I pointed out the window in the vacinity of the "GTP/Supercharged", and he was like "Oh". So I followed his buddy in the Mach 1 up to this light, we made a Uturn and I thought we would stop but at like 20mph I rolled up and he said "Go!" So he got a good jump on me because he said go and his driver was ready and I was just rolling next to him. So he pretty much had me by two cars and I stopped at 85, he must went to 100. So I eventually caught up again once we turned on another road. I was able to get this red light, we were coming up on it, I just about rolled backwards on a complete stop and he was rolling up to the light, never fully stopped, and "green light" and we went. Damn me if he didn't get another jump on me. So I was like two cars back again. He didn't pull. So I got next to him and he gave me thumbs up and said "I stayed better than the truck," I was like "You think so". So turns out he just bought it like a month ago, I believe its brand new. I thought I would hang a little better, but he had the jumps both times. Maybe from a dead stop dig I would of stayed next to him. The only complaining I have is to "Get more Modded!" Best part is, my buddy was scanning the whole time, so we got great scans for the perfect application. Scans were looking good, My shift from 1st to 2nd was like 6025rpms and I have it set at like 5800rpms. Other than that and KR was like a flash or so, I had great scans.

Yah these guys didn't know much about cars. The one kid said he just takes it to the shop and just pays the $$$. If was funny when I told him "Stock Supercharger" and "Yah just look at the badge", LOL! The Stang driver, first time with a manual, could of worked me a little hardy if he could drive it!

#39080 - 05/04/07 09:48 PM Re: Raced Mach 1 (little lengthy)
kwood08 Offline
Loc: portland, me
Nice story... Too bad you didnt come out with the win smirk
#39081 - 05/04/07 10:28 PM Re: Raced Mach 1 (little lengthy)
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
roll racing blows. it's not even close to the real thing. maybe he has a 12-sec car but if he's spinning, he's not goin anywhere.

'97 SE with alot of mods
#39082 - 05/05/07 12:51 PM Re: Raced Mach 1 (little lengthy)
20gtp02 Offline
I couldn't get him lined up to ding it. But I got some fun and some good scanning in.

#39083 - 05/05/07 11:47 PM Re: Raced Mach 1 (little lengthy)
brown Offline
Loc: Belleville, MI
my friend has a mach 1. Moved to Tampa about a year ago. Quick car. I was riding with him and another friend in his mach1 on the highway one time and a Malibu SS wanted to race. We were doing 120+ and it was like the mach 1 wasnt even working hard to get that speed. I was impressed by the Malibu SS keeping up though.
#39084 - 05/06/07 05:33 PM Re: Raced Mach 1 (little lengthy)
20gtp02 Offline
Saw Mach 1 at track today. It was 90*+ outside. He ran a 14.1, thought he could do little better. So from a dig, I think I could hang or have him.