Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41003 - 04/27/07 12:57 AM No more CSC kit :(
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
You read that right.

Stattama e-mailed me and said that some of the parts for the CSC kit are out of stock and I presume I would be a while. *sigh*

So...

I'm getting a turbo instead! They said it would be cheaper and after reading a little more carefully, I found it to be a better value.

I sent a couple response e-mails with a bunch of questions about both kits but I'm just going to get the turbo kit I think. The only thing that matters right now is how I'm going to change my order.

I'm hoping that they can just literally change my order and send me a new reciept as well as refund the difference (like $25 lol). If not, it may be a long while before I even get the turbo kit.

As far as the specifics, I went with the ZZP base turbo kit with a Turbonetics 62-1 w/ ext. wastegate and a boost controller. PCM core too but that's a given sicne I don't have a tuner.

I don't have a clue what kind of gains I'll be looking at. The base kit will add 100+ according to ZZP. With the upgraded turbo, it may go higher but I'm not sure. I'll have to really watch my KR and tune my boost.

So, I'm sorry zuulmusic. I guess there won't be another Novi-boosted GP on the boards.

But, does anybody here have a turbo? Will I be the first?

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#41004 - 04/27/07 01:19 AM Re: No more CSC kit :(
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
You'll probably be the first! When I read the title post I'll admit I was disappointed... then I actually read it... and I was like YEAH!

'97 SE with alot of mods
#41005 - 04/27/07 01:50 AM Re: No more CSC kit :(
lonezergling Offline
I'm kinda disappointed too.

But, I will be getter a slightly better value and a lower price.

I'm just going to go with the T3/T4 GM-46 turbo and shave $600 off the price.

My SE tran won't hold up to a massive turbo like that for more than... 2 WOT runs lol.

"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#41006 - 04/27/07 10:20 AM Re: No more CSC kit :(
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
Actually, for everyday driving, the turbo will be better. The spool-up time means that you're not putting a lot of load on the tranny during average stop and go, only during powerbraking and WOT gear changes. It also means better gas mileage.

Honestly, I would have went for the turbo to begin with. They have a lot more potential than a supercharger.
#41007 - 04/27/07 11:12 AM Re: No more CSC kit :(
gteisele Offline
Loc: New Jersey
turbos are very under used on our cars....go for it!!!
(99 GT),K&N 9" intake,ZZP HV TB(68mm), ZZP PCM,ZZP front powerlog, HV3 intake manifold spacer, 3" DP to SLP exhaust,Comp Cam 801 and springs, MSD ignition,Voltage Booster,black housing headlights with HID kit and halos
#41008 - 04/27/07 01:22 PM Re: No more CSC kit :(
lonezergling Offline
Now I'm in a true dilemna...

Do I make a custom badge that says Grand Prix Turbo?

Or do I leave my Grand Prix SE badges on and make those ricers think I'm some knob with nothing but some Flows?

#41009 - 04/27/07 01:40 PM Re: No more CSC kit :(
Stauffie'sGTP Offline
Loc: Illionis
i think i've seen a badge somewhere that said "GTP Turbocharged" instead of supercharged...i haven't a clue where tho...you could make a badge saying TE instead of SE...standing for turbo edition...just throwing crap out to ya...

~stauffie
#41010 - 04/27/07 01:40 PM Re: No more CSC kit :(
RooK Offline
Even with the badges, someone will think your a poser. Do what you want. My SE badges are pealing, so I'm going to cut them up and repaint them to make some GTX badges. BTW, anyone have a GT they've debadged and want to get rid of the badges?
#41011 - 04/27/07 01:47 PM Re: No more CSC kit :(
theone2043 Offline
Loc: Pocono, PA
how could they be out of parts?? there arent many csc running around that blows man good luck wit the turbo....
#41012 - 04/27/07 02:05 PM Re: No more CSC kit :(
gteisele Offline
Loc: New Jersey
they have turbo badges on zzperformance......theres ones that just say turbo without ne grand prix or GTP before them!!
(99 GT),K&N 9" intake,ZZP HV TB(68mm), ZZP PCM,ZZP front powerlog, HV3 intake manifold spacer, 3" DP to SLP exhaust,Comp Cam 801 and springs, MSD ignition,Voltage Booster,black housing headlights with HID kit and halos
#41013 - 04/27/07 02:34 PM Re: No more CSC kit :(
lonezergling Offline
^theone2043

As it just so happens, they had sold a kit just before I ordered mine. They had most of the parts but Stattama needed to fabricate another drive shaft assembly. Said it would be about a month to weld one up and have it powdercoated and then shippable.

^Rook

What do you mean by poser? Do you suspect that they will think I'm B.S.ing about having a turbo or do you think they will just think I'm stupid for putting a turbo on a granny car? Maybe a little of both?

#41014 - 04/27/07 02:41 PM Re: No more CSC kit :(
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
well, congrats. Turbo is deffinately the way to go with these cars. I left my GT badges on my car. even though it isnt N/A
#41015 - 04/27/07 02:50 PM Re: No more CSC kit :(
Richard Candelario Offline
MY take, to be honest is to leave the SE badges on the car. When you creep to the line, they'll see SE and think they got an easy run. Nothing like a sleeper, dude. And you cant much more sleeper than that. Unless you have a 12-13 second minivan. (where is that video, anyway?)

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#41016 - 04/27/07 03:03 PM Re: No more CSC kit :(
RooK Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by lonezergling:
Do you suspect that they will think I'm B.S.ing about having a turbo
Yep. Unless you have a loud BOV and rev it at the light, heh. I'm installing a GT rear bumper, so I can't exactly pull off the "sleeper" thing.
#41017 - 04/27/07 03:15 PM Re: No more CSC kit :(
lonezergling Offline
I WANT a loud BOV... smile

Ever since I knew what power a GP could have, I wanted to make mine into a sleeper.

Although, I think the custom dual exhaust may denote that maybe I'm a little more than a normal SE. And I'm sure the A-pillar mount isn't helping if any ricers care to look.

I asked Stattama what I should do with the kit.

It was either get the base kit with the GM-46 turbo and put $600 into either a cam or upper valvetrain work,

or

Just get the turbo kit with a Turbonetics 62-1.

I'd have a boost controller for both so that's no issue.

I just don't think I will be able to run more than 10psi right now. So what's the point of such a big turbo if it's going to take forever to spool and I can't even use half the boost anyway?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >