Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44417 - 10/25/02 05:47 PM Supercharger bolt-on for 99' GT
stick Offline
Loc: Canada
I've seen at least one third-party supercharger for the 97+ GT, but I have not heard much discussion on bolting on the S/C, intake, belt and pulleys from a GTP donor car onto a GT? Since the block is all but identical, I would think it would be a relatively simple process (relatively speaking). Has anyone tried this? Should I also be looking to get the PCM and/or other parts from a donor GTP? I'd prefer to keep my car instead of trading.
Thanks
#44418 - 10/28/02 11:37 AM Re: Supercharger bolt-on for 99' GT
webcrawlr Offline
Loc: St Paul, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by stick:
I've seen at least one third-party supercharger for the 97+ GT, but I have not heard much discussion on bolting on the S/C, intake, belt and pulleys from a GTP donor car onto a GT? Since the block is all but identical, I would think it would be a relatively simple process (relatively speaking). Has anyone tried this? Should I also be looking to get the PCM and/or other parts from a donor GTP? I'd prefer to keep my car instead of trading.
Thanks
Engines aren't the same. Off hand: Compression, injectors, fuel rails, intake, tranny, PCM are all different. I know there are more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

It'd be a lot easier to get the CSC kit from ZZP.
#44419 - 10/28/02 05:55 PM Re: Supercharger bolt-on for 99' GT
Redshift Offline
Loc: Raleigh, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by webcrawlr:
Quote:
Originally posted by stick:
[b]I've seen at least one third-party supercharger for the 97+ GT, but I have not heard much discussion on bolting on the S/C, intake, belt and pulleys from a GTP donor car onto a GT? Since the block is all but identical, I would think it would be a relatively simple process (relatively speaking). Has anyone tried this? Should I also be looking to get the PCM and/or other parts from a donor GTP? I'd prefer to keep my car instead of trading.
Thanks
Engines aren't the same. Off hand: Compression, injectors, fuel rails, intake, tranny, PCM are all different. I know there are more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

It'd be a lot easier to get the CSC kit from ZZP.[/b]
It's cheaper to trade your car in for a GTP and buy mods than to buy that CSC kit wink Also more reliable.
#44420 - 10/29/02 09:46 AM Re: Supercharger bolt-on for 99' GT
zedtech Offline
Loc: Brampton, ON, Canada
^^ agreed although I'm too far in to trade up to a GTP atm hehe. If I do ever end up getting a Stage 2 or 3 CSC kit, I'm definitely gonna beefen up the tranny somehow, wither convert it to a 4T65E-HD or see what Intense can do seeing as they are testing an affordable reliable tranny for mild-heavily modded L36s.
#44421 - 11/07/02 11:25 PM Re: Supercharger bolt-on for 99' GT
EVIL98GT Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
First off if you have a 98 you could have 1 of 2 transmissions..4y60-e or the 4t65-e. if you have the 4t60-e get rid of it.(the car) from what i hear there is a lot to change over and it will probably be cheaper to trade on this. this is your chance for GTP. some 98 gt's had the 4t65-e. it was liek a switch-over year. after 99 they all had 4t65-e. just checkin into the long run. car options are so complicated anymore. there are more options out there for the 4t65e anyways...its stronger
#44422 - 11/13/02 09:17 PM Re: Supercharger bolt-on for 99' GT
Chew Offline
Loc: Washington, DC
Quote:
Originally posted by EVIL98GT:
there are more options out there for the 4t65e anyways...its stronger
I think you mean the 4T65E-HD is stronger. The regular 4T65E has the same listed HP / Torque ceiling as the 4T60E. The only difference is that it is electronically controlled not vacuum actuated like the original 4T60E is.

Just an FYI wink

Chew

2007 Sly Silver Pontiac Solstice GXP
#44423 - 11/14/02 12:00 AM Re: Supercharger bolt-on for 99' GT
EVIL98GT Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
Yeah thats what i meant to say. i need to stop posting on here after 12 hour days, i sound like a moron....(no comments please) but also is what i meant is that the 4t653-hd is ultimate...here soon i have the 4t65e and imi gonna have some stuff (hiperf clutches, shift kit and complete rebuild so it makes it less of a "slush box" cant wait no more cruddy shifts
#44424 - 11/14/02 09:34 AM Re: Supercharger bolt-on for 99' GT
Chew Offline
Loc: Washington, DC
No need to worry about the posting. We all post some crazy stuff sometimes - no biggie wink

For everyone else reading, to improve shift quality you guys may want to consider an aftermarket PCM or a Thrasher shift kit.

Both of those will firm up the shifts quite a bit without all the tranny work.

Of course the transmission work is good if you want both shift improvements and are planning on heavy modding down the road (Like Evil is planning to do).

Quote:
Originally posted by EVIL98GT:
Yeah thats what i meant to say. i need to stop posting on here after 12 hour days, i sound like a moron....(no comments please) but also is what i meant is that the 4t653-hd is ultimate...here soon i have the 4t65e and imi gonna have some stuff (hiperf clutches, shift kit and complete rebuild so it makes it less of a "slush box" cant wait no more cruddy shifts

Chew

2007 Sly Silver Pontiac Solstice GXP