Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#4594 - 05/23/07 06:21 PM Re: Finally Pics!
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Sorry, don't meant to hijack your thread Jesse.

KEV-GTP I've just heard some people say the Autozone stuff chips or peels over time. I think Hercman is one of the guys who is thinking about redoing his.

I figure if I'm gonna do this, hopefully I'll only have to do it once. So I want something that isn't going to chip or peel. I haven't read any complaints about G2.
#4595 - 05/23/07 06:34 PM Re: Finally Pics!
gteisele Offline
Loc: New Jersey
looks great nice and clean....i got break paint at autozone that nice red u guys might have seen when i posted my picks (bronzemist GT)....i like it so far no peeling!!
(99 GT),K&N 9" intake,ZZP HV TB(68mm), ZZP PCM,ZZP front powerlog, HV3 intake manifold spacer, 3" DP to SLP exhaust,Comp Cam 801 and springs, MSD ignition,Voltage Booster,black housing headlights with HID kit and halos
#4596 - 05/23/07 09:41 PM Re: Finally Pics!
GTPJesse Offline
Loc: Wis
I've used this caliper paint on three different cars, and I haven't had a problem yet. Idk, and about the peeling are they only putting one coat on?
Appearance mods= 20% tint all around, HID's, rerouted flashes to fogs and tails, front grill has a Red Gtp badge,Calipers painted red, engine cover painted silver, and with red lettering, rear pontiac red overlays, and side Gtp badges have red overlays, Silver star fogs, A piller w/gauges boost installed, oil, knock have to be installed, and a GPS.

Mods to come= 3" DP, and others........haven't thought about it
#4597 - 05/23/07 11:46 PM Re: Finally Pics!
Kev-GTP Offline
Loc: Dallas, Tx
Quote:
Originally posted by GTPJesse:
I've used this caliper paint on three different cars, and I haven't had a problem yet. Idk, and about the peeling are they only putting one coat on?
x2 I've put it on 2 different cars. Maybe the chipping happened because people didn't clean it correctly. Either that or maybe one coat like Jesse said.
confused
#4598 - 05/23/07 11:53 PM Re: Finally Pics!
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
jawdrop Wow! Car looks awesome!
#4599 - 05/24/07 04:44 AM Re: Finally Pics!
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
Rise of the Silver Surfer!...very slick and clean and the red details look very sharp...two big thumbs up thumbsup thumbsup

(you mentioned other pics but I didnt see any...or links...just a heads up)

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#4600 - 05/24/07 04:56 AM Re: Finally Pics!
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
Looks good .Chico.
#4601 - 05/24/07 06:43 AM Re: Finally Pics!
GTPJesse Offline
Loc: Wis
Thanks guys for the comments!

Hey, T-Bat there's another topic I posted with other pics. I didn't know you could only post eight at a time. So the other pics are there. Two are of my Ford Probe Se, and the rest the are the Silver surfer.
Appearance mods= 20% tint all around, HID's, rerouted flashes to fogs and tails, front grill has a Red Gtp badge,Calipers painted red, engine cover painted silver, and with red lettering, rear pontiac red overlays, and side Gtp badges have red overlays, Silver star fogs, A piller w/gauges boost installed, oil, knock have to be installed, and a GPS.

Mods to come= 3" DP, and others........haven't thought about it
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2