Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#46056 - 04/17/08 04:59 PM Re: at stop car revs to 5k rpm
mpulse Offline
Loc: Las Vegas
Quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
Actually, that's the newer style '99+ tb. But anyway, that hole is just for the maf.

If it looks like my '98 style behind there, there is a square cut right before the throttle plate that leads to the IAC and exits on the other side of the plate. The IAC controls the idle by constricting this passage.

You said you got the idle down lower right? Have you tried spraying brake or carb cleaner around the tb spacer, intercooler, or lower intake to search for a vacuum leak? If it finds one, RPMs will go up.
well i got the idle lower, however when i drive it (i haven't since Sunday) but id get it to like 1200-1800rpm then on the fwy it would slowly rise back up to 4500-5000 now for some strange reason its idling at 3200rpm, i sprayed carb cleaner over the whole engine at least the places where a leak or something could be... it didnt change the idle etc....

heres an idea, check this out...

back to one of my first ideas it could be...

somone said that the only way i could adjust idle is from the ecu, well successfully adjust idle, what if: the ecu is fry'd right it would change shift points and it could also mess up idle...

since the cpu controls all that stuff, i would believe that the computer is re mapping.

ie: i set the idle lower right i get it to 1800rpm, i drive it for a little while then the rpms want to rise, wouldnt that be the cpu re-mapping the -0- point of the throttle position????????????

at the same time the shifting was wierd too the car would wind up like a manual then finally shift....

thats why i want to get a hold of zzp, the lady who answered the phone on Monday was nice but would ask zoomer or somone whats up.. the trouble code i got is a bad tps and (or) bad ecu. since i replaced the tps i would believe that the ecu is bad, the lady told me to replace my tps since i did the tech lady said that shed have a tech guy call me... im still waiting....

ZZP GUYS HAVE A HEART CALL A BROTHA BACK!!!

3.8 GTP, 3" Exhaust, Dual 40 series Flowmasters, Short ram intake, 3.2 Pully, Ported ZZ Supercharger, TB spacer, TB removed mesh, Pacesetter headers, 3" DP, SS Intercooler, Ported Intake manifold, Voltage booster, ZZ PCM, KYB GR2's
#46057 - 04/17/08 05:02 PM Re: at stop car revs to 5k rpm
20gtp02 Offline
Did you take the tb and spacer off yet?

#46058 - 04/17/08 05:26 PM Re: at stop car revs to 5k rpm
mpulse Offline
i havent had a chance to i WILL do that tomorow...
i have to do it during work hrs and weve been busy the last few days here.

i parked my car at work sice i cant drive it and am using the company car to get back and forth.

3.8 GTP, 3" Exhaust, Dual 40 series Flowmasters, Short ram intake, 3.2 Pully, Ported ZZ Supercharger, TB spacer, TB removed mesh, Pacesetter headers, 3" DP, SS Intercooler, Ported Intake manifold, Voltage booster, ZZ PCM, KYB GR2's
#46059 - 04/18/08 06:35 PM Re: at stop car revs to 5k rpm
mpulse Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by 20gtp02:
Did you take the tb and spacer off yet?
confermeed not the spacer, i took that off and ran it w/o the spacer...

the door closes....... so im not sure as to wtf is going on...

finally talked to tim at zzp..

he told me the same, check the tb...
i did all looks good, a tiny bit gunky but good (i cleand it out too)

im going to send in my ecu... it has to be that....

grrrrr..... i hate when im stumped

#46060 - 04/18/08 06:45 PM Re: at stop car revs to 5k rpm
*Nice-Try* Offline
Loc: Kitchener, Ontario
this is a GT car right! Is there a hole in the upper plenum where the wire loom crosses?? have seen a few of these where the EGR gases burn through and give you a huge vacuume leak!
And whats the Idle motor doing??
U really need a mechanic to look at this I would be going crazy if I was you!
#46061 - 04/18/08 06:47 PM Re: at stop car revs to 5k rpm
mpulse Offline
its a gtp and im beyond crazy!

lol

#46062 - 04/18/08 06:50 PM Re: at stop car revs to 5k rpm
*Nice-Try* Offline
do you have a scan tool?? can you read live data!
#46063 - 04/18/08 06:51 PM Re: at stop car revs to 5k rpm
mpulse Offline
no i cant i was using a obd2 scanner but not live data....

#46064 - 04/18/08 06:56 PM Re: at stop car revs to 5k rpm
*Nice-Try* Offline
I wish you luck my friend it would be so nice to read what the sensors are doing in order to diagnose ..... damn really would like to help ...I will keep runnin it through my head I was doing that to day....... good luck!
#46065 - 04/20/08 10:45 AM Re: at stop car revs to 5k rpm
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Have you tried another TPS? I know you changed it once but it's not uncommom to get a bad part.

It would be cheaper then a PCM.
#46066 - 05/05/08 05:21 PM Re: at stop car revs to 5k rpm
mpulse Offline
ok i sent my pcm to ZZP last week, they re flashed it and are sending it back to me. hopefully ill see it by friday!

but if this dosnt work, ill try another tps. and if that dosnt work, im guessing theres a blown gasket on the intake manifold or a cracked manifold..

its a zzp manifold, so if it is cracked this wouldnt be a warrentiable thing... would it?

#46067 - 05/09/08 02:57 PM Re: at stop car revs to 5k rpm
mpulse Offline
LOL
Well a newly flashed ecu wasnt the problem..
I was figuring that maby just mabey the idle conrtol in the ecu went haywire. im going to try another tps. if its not that im totally stumped and have to totally seek pro help.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5