Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#46090 - 09/08/05 08:02 PM Is the AC and DIC somehow connected?
GTPJack Offline
Loc: Hoover, AL
Yesterday and today I noticed that when I turned on my AC my DIC went black for a second, and in that second the air even stops blowing. After that, it didn't happen again. Which leaves me asking if the AC and DIC are somehow connected? Does anyone know what could have caused this to happen? I think I remember someone having a similar problem.

Thanks,
Keith

Next: 3" down pipe, SD Ram Air Hood,
#46091 - 09/08/05 08:03 PM Re: Is the AC and DIC somehow connected?
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Do they run off the same fuse?

???

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#46092 - 09/08/05 08:09 PM Re: Is the AC and DIC somehow connected?
GTPJack Offline
Loc: Hoover, AL
Quote:
Originally posted by AustinGTP:
Do they run off the same fuse?

???
Don't know, I'll check tomorrow, That brings up a point I did hear a click when it shut off, sounds like a relay switch or something.

Keith

Next: 3" down pipe, SD Ram Air Hood,
#46093 - 09/09/05 09:34 PM Re: Is the AC and DIC somehow connected?
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Hello,

Almost sounds like you lost power when the AC kicked on...... Might want to check the connections on your battery, and have your charging system checked. You can get it checked for free at your local battery shop.... I believe most of the auto parts stores are set up to test on cars now.

Later now,
Clint

http://pdxcgp.com
#46094 - 09/10/05 08:51 AM Re: Is the AC and DIC somehow connected?
GillysGTPSS Offline
Loc: Gananoque, ON, Canada
notontopic I just noticed a couple of weeks ago, my A/C blower only works when I set it to #3 on the blower selector, anything less it does not blow out. I thought it was my A/C going, but it does the same if the A/C is off and is just on vent. Any ideas?

CAI, Flowmaster 40s, Magnaflow cat, u-bend delete, Eibach springs, 16" American Racing rims way more to come
#46095 - 09/16/05 09:00 AM Re: Is the AC and DIC somehow connected?
xscash2blow Offline
Loc: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally posted by GillysGTPSS:
notontopic I just noticed a couple of weeks ago, my A/C blower only works when I set it to #3 on the blower selector, anything less it does not blow out. I thought it was my A/C going, but it does the same if the A/C is off and is just on vent. Any ideas?
Ive been having the same problems... no idea whats going on
#46096 - 09/16/05 09:41 AM Re: Is the AC and DIC somehow connected?
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Quote:
Originally posted by GillysGTPSS:
Others can chime in, but I believe it is your blower resister that is going out. I've read lots of people complain about this so I think it's fairly common. Kind of a PITA to fix as you have to tear apart most of the dash.