Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#46353 - 11/16/06 11:09 PM a quick ?
GTP_noob Offline
Loc: Chico
I am planning a trip up to OR, i dont live in a place where there is a lot of hills and steep grades. My question is how should i expect my GTP to perform? It is mostly up hill from where im at...anywhere from 6-10% grades

Rice, Smoked snake, and Roasted pony...What have you eaten today?
#46354 - 11/17/06 12:30 AM Re: a quick ?
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
GTP will be fine..... I like to use 3rd gear when I see the boost gauge registering, but if you're doing 70MPH you should prolly keep it in D. If you find it shifting again and again, just put it in 3 until you're over the grade.

Where you going in Oregon? I'm in Portland, and we may have a club event happening if and when you're in the area. If not, I would enjoy having a soda, or whatever. Let me know.

http://pdxcgp.com
#46355 - 11/17/06 01:26 AM Re: a quick ?
GTP_noob Offline
Loc: Chico
i will be going to gold beach, and I have a friend in eugene but i wont be headed that way. Maybe my lady would like to go up there for a day b4 we head back down? there are a lot of nice restuarants there. She said she didnt care. It wont be till late jan-feb sometime (house warming) so i will diff keep in touch.

Rice, Smoked snake, and Roasted pony...What have you eaten today?
#46356 - 11/17/06 01:34 AM Re: a quick ?
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Yeah what crimpton said. Roads are pretty decent but sometimes on a long hill my boost registers so I drop it down into 3rd.

Hope you enjoy Oregon. I love it here.