Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#47496 - 06/04/07 07:50 PM HID Install
Kev-GTP Offline
Loc: Dallas, Tx
OK so my ZZP HID kit came in today, and I was wondering if I should/can disable my headlights from flashing when I unlock/lock my car with the keyless entry, or if I just shouldn't worry about it.

Thanks guys...
#47497 - 06/04/07 09:08 PM Re: HID Install
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Loc: CT, U.S.A
If your car has a BCM Type 4 (Look for RPO code UA6 on the Service Parts Identification decal under the trunk lid) here's how to do it:

How to program:
1 Turn off the IP dimmer switch
2 Turn ignition switch to OFF position
3 Remove MALL PGM fuse
4 Turn ignition switch to ACC position
The BCM sounds the chime a number of times equal to the BCM installed in vehicle (1-4 times) Make sure BCM is Type 3 or 4.
Now the BCM has entered the feature customization mode.

5 To change the remote unlock control mode, press and release the unlock button on the transmitter.
The BCM will sound the chime equal to the remote unlock control mode. A transition past Mode 2 repeats the sequence starting with Mode 1.

Remote Unlock Control Modes
Mode 1 (disabled) All doors unlock when pressing unlock on transmitter
Mode 2 Driver's door unlocks when pressing unlock once on transmitter, press unlock again within five seconds unlocks all doors

6 To change remote activation verification mode, press and release the lock button on transmitter. The BCM will sound the chime equal to the remote activation verification mode it is in. A transition past Mode 4 repeats sequence with Mode 1.

Remote Activation Verification Modes
Mode 1 Feature disabled
Mode 2 Headlamps flash when pressing unlock or lock on transmitter.
Mode 3 Headlamps flash when pressing unlock on the transmitter. Headlamps flash and horn sounds when pressing lock on the transmitter.
Mode 4 Headlamps flash when pressing unlock on transmitter. Headlamps flash when pressing lock once on transmitter; within five seconds, headlamps flash and horn sounds when pressing lock again on transmitter.

To exit and save: Turn ignition switch to OFF, Reinstall MALL PGM fuse
#47498 - 06/04/07 09:14 PM Re: HID Install
2muchspl Offline
Loc: merrillville
damn didnt know that was possible, great write up arrow. fyi kev, hid and its ballast/igniter are not designed to be flashed on (lots of people dont know that,so you are wise to ponder that)
try to avoid showin them off by just flipin the lights on for few seconds to show the warm-up stage.
#47499 - 06/04/07 10:26 PM Re: HID Install
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
You will need to disarm your headlights from flashing.
I rewired them so my parking lights flash, no heads.
The security relay is under the dash, near the flasher relay. It'll have a yellow wire coming off it. Cut the yellow wire and splice a 6" wire onto the end going to the relay. Tape up the other end of the yellow wire. It won't be used, and it will be hot. Strip about a 1/4-1/2 inch of the extension wire and shove that into the brown wire connected to the back of the headlight switch. This can be accessed by removing the little panel door on the side of the drivers side dash. You should be able to see the brown wire as soon as you remove the door.
Next, arm your alarm and see what lights flash.

I zip-tied my extension wire to the brown wire, so it holds it in place.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#47500 - 06/05/07 02:06 PM Re: HID Install
Kev-GTP Offline
I got them working, Bobby, it looks great, so thanks for the help.

Thanks blackarrow and 2muchspl for your imput as well.
#47501 - 06/05/07 02:37 PM Re: HID Install
theone2043 Offline
Loc: Pocono, PA
do you get high beams with the hid kit? how bright are they?
#47502 - 06/05/07 05:08 PM Re: HID Install
Kev-GTP Offline
The kit came with standard halogen high-beams, and to say the least, they suck. If you still want high beams, I would say pony up the extra money and get dual HID. But I'm still happy just because I can see so much further on my low beams with it. Not to mention it looks sweeeet. But yeah, my 2 cents.
#47503 - 06/05/07 10:31 PM Re: HID Install
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Mine are telescopics, so I really don't even have high beams.
Low beam mode is more of a narrow beam and the high beam mode is a wider angle beam. My high beams are pretty much worthless, but my fogs work just fine without having to do any rewiring.

Glad you got the flash working right.
I think having the parking lights flash is a lot better than the headlights.

Now you need a set of switchbacks in your front turn signals. wink

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#47504 - 06/08/07 01:14 AM Re: HID Install
FJB301 Offline
Loc: MIAMI
WHEN DISABLING THE HEADLIGHTS FROM FLASHING, WHICH YELLOW WIRE IS CUT? THERE ARE TWO. THE ONE CLOSER TO THE FIREWALL OR CLOSER TO YOU?
#47505 - 06/08/07 01:20 AM Re: HID Install
FJB301 Offline
ALSO GOT A XENTEC HID 9007 KIT FROM EBAY. THE SELLER CLAIMS THAT THE OEM PLUG FROM THE GP PLUGS RIGHT IN TO THE BALLAST? THE GP OEM PLUG HAS THREE WIRES--GREEN, BLACK, AND WHITE.(LOW BEAM, COMMON GROUND, AND HIGH BEAM) THE BALLAST CONNECTOR HAS A POS AND NEG INPUT. THE WAY THAT THEY LINE UP IF PLUGGED NOTHING WOULD BE GOING TO THE GROUND ON THE OEM PLUG. WOULD THIS CONNECTION NOT CAUSE A SHORT? MAYBE IM NOT GETTING SOMETHING HERE. IF YOU COULD EXPLAIN. THANKS.
#47506 - 06/08/07 01:24 AM Re: HID Install
Kev-GTP Offline
First off, your caps lock key is located right below your tab key on the left hand side of the keyboard. You sound like your yelling ha.

Anywho the kit you ordered should come with some instructions and should be plug and play. Do what the instructions tell you and you should be fine.
#47507 - 06/09/07 04:34 PM Re: HID Install
FJB301 Offline
Hey can someone tell me on the gp headlight there are three wires to it---green, black and cream/whitish. which is the low beam and which is the high? thank you.
#47508 - 06/09/07 05:52 PM Re: HID Install
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Loc: CT, U.S.A
Green= high beam Tan= Low beam cheers
#47509 - 06/09/07 07:33 PM Re: HID Install
FJB301 Offline
THANK YOU!
Had already figured it out.
I finally got the hid kit installed---took me some time bec i had a brainblock issue, kind of a duh moment. i also did the headlight flash off procedure. should have been like that from factory. i will try to post a pic of my 99 gp. million thanks to all of you who helped.
#47510 - 06/10/07 10:58 PM Re: HID Install
GP GT GUY Offline
Loc: Indianapolis
so i was thinking the other day, i tried to lock and unlock my car, both times i did it, at night and during the daytime, my lights flashed, i know arrow said something about disabling lock lights but he didnt right up unlock lights, and maybe what bobby said disables the headlights from flashing ever, but i was just wondering and trying to help by warning you about unlocking flashing lights

2000 GP GT 20's, altezzas, clears, F/M super 44's, some little blue L.E.D.s

#47511 - 06/11/07 12:07 AM Re: HID Install
Kev-GTP Offline
It does the same thing for unlock/lock. Bobby's way just rewires it from the headlights to the parking lights, lock or unlock.
#47512 - 06/11/07 01:33 PM Re: HID Install
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
yeah my fog lights flash ... along with the corners
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >