Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#49656 - 09/12/07 10:49 PM Re: Hey, I found out why my car has been running so poorly!
20gtp02 Offline
And if it needs to be replaced, you said you have leaks, so there is a reason to get under there and work on it!

#49657 - 09/12/07 10:55 PM Re: Hey, I found out why my car has been running so poorly!
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
The PowrTuner isn't hooked up yet!

Everything I see, I see through my Aerforce Gauges.

I don't even have the software to SCAN it yet, much less the connections to connect it to my P.O.S. laptop.

Plus it's a Vista laptop, and it's slow.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#49658 - 09/12/07 10:59 PM Re: Hey, I found out why my car has been running so poorly!
20gtp02 Offline
Well all that time waiting for the tuner, you should of had all that ready. Soo much for the post, "Guess what I got today". You definitely have some issue in your bay, or your gauge went crazy!

#49659 - 09/12/07 11:14 PM Re: Hey, I found out why my car has been running so poorly!
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
this thread is not delivering.

stop going to the track for a week and get the car situated.

Although pics of chunks of pistons are kinda cool
#49660 - 09/12/07 11:14 PM Re: Hey, I found out why my car has been running so poorly!
lonezergling Offline
You can't download the software from them unless you purchase it.

And I didn't KNOW where/how to get the software until I got the tuner.

I can't even access the forums to read up on how to USE the stupid thing until they clear my forum access.

Every time I find something to read on the forums it tells me that the link is either out of date or broken.

"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#49661 - 09/12/07 11:19 PM Re: Hey, I found out why my car has been running so poorly!
lonezergling Offline
And besides, I'm not going to the track any more this season. I wanted to run today cause it was about 65-70 outside, waaaay better than 91*.

I know I need to tune, trust me. I don't want to be running 14* of KR and then shoot my #1 piston out the oil pan.

I just didn't know there were these kinds of problems going on until today.

If I had the SLIGHTEST clue that I was running over 4* of KR, I wouldn't have even gone because I know I would run like crap from all the lost power.

I promise guys, as SOON AS I CAN GET SOME SCANS, I will have the .bins up on the board for you all to look at.

I don't know how to tune yet, I need you guys' help right now until I start to get a hang on what to do.

I've got the game guys, teach me how to play...

#49662 - 09/12/07 11:20 PM Re: Hey, I found out why my car has been running so poorly!
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
zerg, I use a Vista laptop and use PT fine. No issues yet. Just be sure to use a Keyspan adapter and nothing else.

I went to their forums and signed up, then I got my account approved after I ordered my PTuner, but before I got it. :p
#49663 - 09/12/07 11:30 PM Re: Hey, I found out why my car has been running so poorly!
lonezergling Offline
What's a keyspan adapter? Is that a serial-->usb adapter?

Is it a wal-mart product or do i need to trek up to best-buy or something for it?

#49664 - 09/13/07 01:48 AM Re: Hey, I found out why my car has been running so poorly!
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
I am NOT convinced that it's real KR... call me a cynic, but you would already have a blown motor if that was real.

You put your headers and 3.5" pulley on, what... like 2-3 weeks ago? Surely you've driven the car and romped on it some since you did the install... and just randomly today 14* KR?

Seriously guys... before he did headers and pulley... he was running around for like 2 months on the ZZP tune with 0* KR, with the cam... so apparently they tuned it pretty good.

Now tell me how adding headers and dropping to a 3.5" pulley would realistically add 14* of knock. Theoretically, the headers and the pulley would cancel each other out, as the headers reduce knock and the pulley tends to create it... landing you at 0* KR (still).

There is no way in h-ll that is real knock. Something else changed, and it's hard to say what it might be, but jeez, lay off the subject of tuning. I'm sure his PCM could use a good bit of tweaking for his exact setup and what not, but there's no way the tune could be THAT much off when it was FINE for weeks before now.

'97 SE with alot of mods
#49665 - 09/13/07 06:52 AM Re: Hey, I found out why my car has been running so poorly!
RooK Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by lonezergling:
What's a keyspan adapter? Is that a serial-->usb adapter?

Is it a wal-mart product or do i need to trek up to best-buy or something for it?
I ordered mine through Amazon. No idea who else carries it, not Walmart though.
#49666 - 09/13/07 06:33 PM Re: Hey, I found out why my car has been running so poorly!
lonezergling Offline
I JUST pulled this from a tuner guide *cough cough* I found.

"SOMETIMES (as was my case in my mysterious unstoppable part throttle kr) the engine will show KR for other reasons like Torque Management.

When my engine was seeing too much hp at part throttle to WOT jumps it was getting into the TM folders that say "no more than 225 hp when the converter is locked" and the engine would kill power by giving my 14 deg kr and totally killing my timing advance.... so I had to alter those to fix my KR.

Its hard to say exactly what is causing your KR without some scans and a lot of testing.. but it shouldn’t be too much to figure out if you learn what causes it, or exactly when it happens"

That sounds strikingly familiar to what happened at the track.

Like drummer is saying, I've been running for MONTHS KR free and I was doing ok until these past 2 weeks since that O2 sensor went bad.

maybe ZZP didn't elminate ALL the TQ management stuff like they usually do. They didn't even pull the P0300 code form the PCM and I ordered that PCM WITH THE CAM and asked for the cam tables.

But anyway, I put new brake pads on today and put that new 02 sensor in. Deffinately seems to be a little better however, now I have another problem.

When I hit the gas, hard or soft, doesn't matter, it will start to die a *little* bit before revving up.

Also, I notice my headers are leaking at the crossover to front header and it's blowing exhaust right at my CAI.

Maybe she's choking on exhaust?

Anyway, I'll be back in a bit, gotta take the Honey out or she's going to tear my head off...

#49667 - 09/13/07 06:43 PM Re: Hey, I found out why my car has been running so poorly!
RooK Offline
I've yet to have issues with my Pacesetters leaking... however, as Tbat and TnGuy know, the collector bangs my exhaust tunnel in reverse.

I think ZZP had been doing some very shoddy stuff with their PCMs lately.
#49668 - 09/13/07 07:18 PM Re: Hey, I found out why my car has been running so poorly!
drummerboy1307 Offline
It only runs a little better? What's that mean...

Rook, you sir, are lucky. Plain and simple as that.

'97 SE with alot of mods
#49669 - 09/13/07 07:24 PM Re: Hey, I found out why my car has been running so poorly!
RooK Offline
Not lucky. I just used a pipe expander on my headers and made the fitting really tight (I had to tap it on with a hammer and block of wood). smile
#49670 - 09/13/07 07:26 PM Re: Hey, I found out why my car has been running so poorly!
drummerboy1307 Offline
nice! did you expand the rear header collector, or the crossover pipe?

'97 SE with alot of mods
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >