Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#50581 - 05/30/08 11:02 AM stock hood for sale
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
Maybe I let you know if you are interesting if you are not member of clubgp.

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=4427003&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1

You don't have to post it but you can email me if you want talk about this.

Thanks,
palsut
#50582 - 05/30/08 11:23 AM Re: stock hood for sale
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
Well, I've been procrastinating fixing a giant rock chip, and recently somebody put a 8" scratch in my clear coat... so I am extremely tempted on this. If I was headed your direction I'd say definetly. We'll see.
#50583 - 05/30/08 11:31 AM Re: stock hood for sale
palsut Offline
Ow, I'm sorry about your little problem. I see you have same color as mine. I believe you will like it. Since you are on Cleveland. I believe it is about 4 hours to drive. I wish I have truck so I can meet you halfway during gas price. I only have two cars.
#50584 - 05/30/08 12:46 PM Re: stock hood for sale
BoostenGTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
thats why you bolt it on to one of your cars, drive, then you both trade off hoods, then you junk his crap one and install your original one lol
#50585 - 05/30/08 12:51 PM Re: stock hood for sale
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
If you were closer I'd buy and add my own scoop similar to what Pops did. But Ohio's a little far away from me.
#50586 - 05/30/08 01:00 PM Re: stock hood for sale
palsut Offline
lol you got me thinking. If it is halfway to meet like Columbus. About 2 hours from my area. About 2 hours from his location in somewhere at Cleveland. I put neat hood on my winter beater car carefully then I give it to him if he has truck or drive it without hood for install at somewhere lol I drive it back without hood then reinstall my crappy dent hood back from my apt. I know it is look stupid but it could work lol
#50587 - 05/30/08 01:21 PM Re: stock hood for sale
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
It would work. you'd be surprised how many cars I see running around here without a hood on. Some of em are ricers and all I can think of is the story "The Emperor's New Clothes".
#50588 - 05/30/08 01:23 PM Re: stock hood for sale
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
Farns ran his car without a hood for some time.
#50589 - 05/30/08 02:18 PM Re: stock hood for sale
palsut Offline
zuulmusic: you got pm message

I only saw one car without hood at wal-mart. That's all I have seen since then.

That's up to zuulmusic if he still want this.

edit: other photo for lip hood that I have trouble to take picture when hood is face up. It barely hard to notice for stone chip. Just look at my car with CRT 3877 ohio plate. It looks pretty wink It was taken last month but I never drive lot since I was driving winter car mostly.

Take look at this link

http://www.grandprix.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=010132
#50590 - 05/30/08 03:51 PM Re: stock hood for sale
zuulmusic Offline
PM replied.

Why am I not suprised the only place you've seen a missing hood is at wal-mart lol

anyway... did you say there was a stone chip? got a close-up pic of it?
#50591 - 05/30/08 04:09 PM Re: stock hood for sale
palsut Offline
you got PM back.

I think it was Honda but that's like 3 years ago. Yeah, I have seen lot of crappy cars on Wal-mart.

About stone chip. It was tiny but I will try close-up pictures tonight since I'm at work.

You might noticed my link about pictures that you never noticed stone chip unless you are closer to hood. I drive lot at highway with 100K mileage car. I will try my best for take a photo but I have lousy camera for close-up shot. I will see about that tonight.
#50592 - 05/30/08 10:49 PM Re: stock hood for sale
palsut Offline
zuulmusic: Now I add pictures for stone chip that you want to see. I tried hard as I can for close-up shot. It is kind okay but like I say. I have crappy camera. Hopefully, it helps you to decide get it or not.

#50593 - 06/01/08 08:57 PM Re: stock hood for sale
zuulmusic Offline
thanks for the pics. your hood is in much better shape than mine. i started my chip repair process so we'll see how that goes, and like i said, i'll let you know...
i may need the money for my intercooler setup.

in other news: i replaced my fender this past weekend (FINALLY) and it looks great. it came with some bad rust spots where not exposed and i spent quite a bit of time fixing those. looks great.
#50594 - 06/01/08 09:53 PM Re: stock hood for sale
palsut Offline
I have little scratches on hood where it meets on fender. My dad help me for swap stock to F1 hood that we went smooth swap last Thursday. Since, I have no one help me so I ask female friend. When I put neat hood on winter beater car. She step on pine brown thing that fall out of pine tree. She losts her balance. It went into left fender then back to right fender. I told her what hell going on? lol. I don't blame her but she did great job for hold it for me. It is tiny scratches but not that bad.

Oh since you have skill for paint job. You can use paint cans for supplies like fix this scratches. I have 3 cans for galaxy silver, primer and clear coat. I have 3 pens for galaxy silver, primer and clear coat. I brought it last year that I supposed to learn how to do it myself with my old co-worker. This guy lost job for laid off. Worst part, he lost his wife and house with garage that he supposed teach me that place. I haven't seen him anymore so I stuck with paint supplies. If you can have it for free. This paint supplies look great. It has been storage on normal temp at closet. It never open too.

That's up to you. So hopefully see ya on Columbus. It will be my first car show for my car. Also it will be my first Pontiac show too. I'm looking forward this. That's great about your fender fixed. Rusty is not cool for winter salt that you get lot of snow at north.