Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#503 - 01/28/03 02:08 PM cold air intake
GtpRed Offline
Loc: MN
I'm looking to make my own intake with a cone...but when I do make one, where do I put the PCM thats in the stock air filter box? Any would be great
#504 - 01/28/03 09:45 PM Re: cold air intake
DanaF Offline
Loc: Connecticut
I made a box out of wood and painted it black. I bolted the box to the fender well and lined the inside with weather-stripping (the felt kind. Sealed it well. :rolleyes: You can see it here:

http://pages.cthome.net/ferrer/cai.jpg
#505 - 01/28/03 10:43 PM Re: cold air intake
GtpRed Offline
Loc: MN
So I can just mount the PCM unnder the cone? Another qestion, is it ok to run the cone in the winter and should I have the cone enclosed in something?
#506 - 01/29/03 09:43 AM Re: cold air intake
quark_man Offline
Loc: Alberta
I do not have a nice box, but simply attatched the PCM to the fender's flat section between the wall and the Rad hose.

Remember, the cooler the air the better. I live in a cold climate and run my 9" hear round. If you can build a box that will isolate the cone from the engine compartment so that warm air does not enter the better. Also the rad hose gets fairly warm! So if you can decrease its temp ( I have mine wrapped with exhaust wrap that was left over from wrapping the cross over ) the better.