Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#50938 - 07/29/06 11:20 AM abs / tire presand track light stay on
profiller Offline
Loc: cornwall ont. canada
hi im a newbie at this 1 its a awsum site
i have a 97 g.prix se 3.8 recently i have this proble with abs light and tire preshure and track light to go on sumtime not all the time there 3 code its sais one of them it speed weel i think there a short sumwhere
how can you desable all that for now :)till ill pinpoint the problem
#50939 - 07/29/06 12:23 PM Re: abs / tire presand track light stay on
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Is this a bad wheel hub sensor anyone?

If it is, I don't think there is a way to disable it, I think you just need to replace the wheel hub bearings (which contain the sensors you mentioned).

Wait for someone else to confirm this though.
#50940 - 07/29/06 03:18 PM Re: abs / tire presand track light stay on
1BAD97 Offline
Loc: Texas
I had this problem, it was because one of the sensors on the wheel was loose, and every time I hit a bump, those light would come on. The sensor is clipped onto a metal tab, I just bent the tab in to make the sensor go on it tighter, took care of the problem.
#50941 - 07/29/06 04:24 PM Re: abs / tire presand track light stay on
D Offline
Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Yup its deff a bad wheel hub. I had the same problem the trick is finding the one that is broken you have to tak ethe rotors off too see if the wheel hub is all f-ed up then its that one. Your best bet is to buy it on ebay any other place it is over 150. And there is no way to disable it unless you take the bulbs out o the dash...lol.. laugh

1997 Grand Prix GT: ZZP SS M90 Kit--P&P Blower and LIM--3.8" Modular pulley--36# injectors--ZZP Wizair CAI--8.5mm MSD Wires--Autolite 103s@ .052--180* drilled T-stat--Tune Time Performance Tune--ZZP 2.5" D/P w/o Cat--ZZP Stage 1 HV TB--ZZP Power Log & Rear PEM--ZZP Poly Motor & Tranny Mounts--Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow Mufflers--Auto Meter Z Series Boost & Oil Pressure Gauges--Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge

New York Metro Club Grand Prix
www.nymcgp.com
#50942 - 07/30/06 12:52 AM Re: abs / tire presand track light stay on
Kev-GTP Offline
Loc: Dallas, Tx
Welcome to the forum!
#50943 - 07/30/06 01:54 PM Re: abs / tire presand track light stay on
profiller Offline
Loc: cornwall ont. canada
hehehehehe read my add (im newbie at this and soory lol thanks for all of u to reply
#50944 - 07/30/06 07:49 PM Re: abs / tire presand track light stay on
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Wheel hub.

See my website for howto.
#50945 - 07/31/06 05:40 AM Re: abs / tire presand track light stay on
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
Definatly a wheel hub speed sensor and it is a good idea to replace both fronts in pairs ,the backs last a little longer because the have less stress,most auto parts stores carry them for I believe about $150 ea. where as the stealership will soak you around $400 ea.,Timken bearings is a good brand name to look for.Chico.
#50946 - 08/02/06 11:36 PM Re: abs / tire presand track light stay on
Psychoreo Offline
Loc: Springfield Ma
silly question, have you also had issues starting your car reciently? or replaced the starter? The main battery cable (B+) goes directly from the battery to the (+) side on the starter. from there there are about 4 or 5 fuseable links running from the starter to everything else on the car that needs power. One of these links goes to the ABS computer (HCU.) If this link has been "blown" then your ABS, Traction, and Tire pressure lights will some on and stay on notifying you that those systems are not functioning.

To test it takes like 10 min with a jack and stands. Jack the front end up and support on stands. get under the car and find the starter. pull on the brown or black wires leading away from the positive side of the starter solenoid one at a time. If one stretches like a rubberband, BINGO!! that's the bad one.

I had this happen when I hit a crazy pothole and caused the retaining nut for ther B+ terminal on the starter solenoid start to back off, allowing the wire to ark, sending TONS of amperage through that fuseable link.

just something to check before you go throwing parts at the car.
#50947 - 08/03/06 03:39 PM Re: abs / tire presand track light stay on
Richard Candelario Offline
Welcome. Use Herc's site. Use Meguire's. Smile at result.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC