Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#51747 - 04/15/07 06:14 PM help with power steering
GTPJesse Offline
Loc: Wis
Hey guys I've noticed when I'm going slow, and start to turn I hear a noise like a winng...idk someone told me to check my power steering fluid but I can't find it!?!? So if I can get help with that, and if you have other suggestion with what it could be. Thanks GTPJesse
Appearance mods= 20% tint all around, HID's, rerouted flashes to fogs and tails, front grill has a Red Gtp badge,Calipers painted red, engine cover painted silver, and with red lettering, rear pontiac red overlays, and side Gtp badges have red overlays, Silver star fogs, A piller w/gauges boost installed, oil, knock have to be installed, and a GPS.

Mods to come= 3" DP, and others........haven't thought about it
#51748 - 04/15/07 06:55 PM Re: help with power steering
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Loc: CT, U.S.A
GTPJesse,
It's below the alternator:

cheers
#51749 - 04/15/07 08:37 PM Re: help with power steering
snowcrash Offline
Loc: charlotte, nc
you have to look all the way in back of the motor to find the place to check your power steering level. like the pic shows, look directly behind the alternator toward the firewall and then straight down and it will be hidden back there.
dhp 1.0
#51750 - 04/15/07 08:44 PM Re: help with power steering
GTPJesse Offline
I have small hands, and arms so I should be fine to check it tomorrow right? And is there any special power steering fluid I need? Thanks for the help you guys!
Appearance mods= 20% tint all around, HID's, rerouted flashes to fogs and tails, front grill has a Red Gtp badge,Calipers painted red, engine cover painted silver, and with red lettering, rear pontiac red overlays, and side Gtp badges have red overlays, Silver star fogs, A piller w/gauges boost installed, oil, knock have to be installed, and a GPS.

#51751 - 04/16/07 03:16 AM Re: help with power steering
Stauffie'sGTP Offline
Loc: Illionis
I've got a 99...mine was doing the same thing so i got lucas power steering fluid specailly for rack and pinion steering...i took off the strut tower brace and my overflow tank and could get the bottle down to it...it looks harder than it is!!! good luck
#51752 - 04/16/07 10:00 AM Re: help with power steering
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
You're probably low on fluid. Might wanna add some treatment or leak additive too.

If you're a good pourer, you can pour a bottle into the power steering from above. Use a flashlight.
#51753 - 04/16/07 02:49 PM Re: help with power steering
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Loc: CT, U.S.A
I bought this at one of the local parts stores: Flotool Makes getting at those power steering pumps a little easier... wink
#51754 - 04/16/07 09:57 PM Re: help with power steering
GTPJesse Offline
Thanks guys for the help I found it! And yes you were right about taking the overflow tank off to fill the power steering up. But the GTP is no longer making noise!! Now its time to start some mods!