Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#5226 - 07/01/08 07:19 PM Re: You can buy any items from Morad! :-)
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
but yes they are kinda PITA to fix but they can be done
#5227 - 07/01/08 09:51 PM Re: You can buy any items from Morad! :-)
notladstyle Offline
Loc: Tampa FL
That dent would require the most basic of body work skills to repair. There's no way a Pontiac dealership wouldn't be able to fix that.

I've had a few dealings on small items from ed and hes always seemed like a nice guy. But business is business, that bumper doesn't appear to be in any less than "good" condition with the dent. There's no reason for you to return it or for him to refund your money.
#5228 - 07/01/08 10:15 PM Re: You can buy any items from Morad! :-)
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
The dent is not that bad but ed should of mention it but you still have a good bumper overall.
#5229 - 07/01/08 10:20 PM Re: You can buy any items from Morad! :-)
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
Forget the dent stuff.

I found new info. This bumper have vin under it. I run it on carfax report (free). Guess what? It was belong to 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT. His ebay did say it was REMOVED out of 2001 car. That's right. I repeat 2001 car.

I will have to see what he says about his error year. If he won't refund because of his mistake then I can file claim the ebay about false year of the car.

2000 silvermist (normal car) galaxy silver (daytona)
2001 galaxy silver
2002 galaxy silver
2003 galaxy silver

Why year matter? I'm here to buy 2001-03 galaxy silver rear bumper. I found his ebay 2001 rear bumper website but that's clearly he got wrong year and also wrong color. I have proof of vin and year 2000 if he refuses to refund because of his ebay mistake of year. I will have to wait and see what he has to say about that.
#5230 - 07/01/08 10:39 PM Re: You can buy any items from Morad! :-)
98 gtp girl Offline
Loc: dayton ohio
O GEEZ you said yourself it was good its a little dent yes maybe not what you expected but why go through all this? first a dent then the color? didnt you notice the color wasnt the same? am i missing something guys? i didnt know vin numbers were on bumpers either btw. thats interesting and where did you get a car fax for free heck i had to pay!

#5231 - 07/01/08 10:43 PM Re: You can buy any items from Morad! :-)
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
you can get a free carfax check but it WILL NOT show you the records of that vehicle (accidents, sales, repoed, auctioned, etc...)

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
#5232 - 07/01/08 10:43 PM Re: You can buy any items from Morad! :-)
palsut Offline
Yes, I noticed the color is not same but I have no way to prove that which actually color from year car. The vin is under where plate light. I didn't ENTER record but I just enter vin # and it was popped for 13 records on 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT. I don't need pay to see records. I'm sure it was totaled like Ed part it out. I just found out on vin like 2 hours ago lol
#5233 - 07/01/08 10:46 PM Re: You can buy any items from Morad! :-)
98 gtp girl Offline
Loc: dayton ohio
interesting...well goodluck let me know how its handled hopefully he will be good about it!

#5234 - 07/01/08 10:46 PM Re: You can buy any items from Morad! :-)
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
I will say this: Ed seems like an OK guy. The people that work for him though aren't. I've received crap they fubared (scuffed bumper covers, cut engine harness, sectioned exhaust) only to have to get him to fix it. I was going to order a steering wheel and crap from him but he no longer answers his email account, some rep from the company does... I don't feel like dealing with anyone else.
#5235 - 07/01/08 10:52 PM Re: You can buy any items from Morad! :-)
palsut Offline
After I read lot of messages that people actually like him because he has ton of good stuffs and great service. I think I brought 2-3 items from him. I have no problem with him until today. I don't know if I actually spoke Ed or his people. I will have to try again about wrong year on his ebay.
#5236 - 07/01/08 11:02 PM Re: You can buy any items from Morad! :-)
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
I think your overreacting after all the parts are used and there is no magor damage,Ed is a used parts dealer and one of the very few that specialize in W-Bodies ,I suggest you get the minor damage fixed and respray the bumper ,and if your looking for a body shop stay away from Maco or the dealership,trty being civil to Ed and he may help you out on the cost of repainting the bumper,I can empethize with Ed having people working for you that do'nt care about customers and having to right there mistakes .Chico(pops)
#5237 - 07/01/08 11:13 PM Re: You can buy any items from Morad! :-)
palsut Offline
Believe me. I'm not trying hurt Ed or something. I just angry that they won't accept that dent that never mentioned on ebay but never mind about this dent problem. It was long gone and now I have new info. about wrong year that I have vin # on record that actually say 2000 instead his ebay 2001. I will think he will fix the problem because of wrong year. If it was solved then I will delete this thread or change subject either.

I really like Ed. I know he is nice guy but I'm not trying hurt him or something.
#5238 - 07/02/08 01:12 AM Re: You can buy any items from Morad! :-)
98greenGT Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
I understand that you are mad about the dent but it shouldn't be a surprise to you. You are buying a used car part that you have only seen in pictures, you can't expect Ed to list every single problem with every single part. Next time you need to buy a body part like a bumper I suggest to go to a local junkyard so you can see what you're buying and save on shipping.

As for the year problem I think Ed should definitely send you a different one just because it was listed wrong on eBay. But since you're getting it painted anyways I would just save the trouble and keep the one you have, it's not going to make any difference.

I have noticed Ed's prices go up a little since they moved to their new warehouse so that may have something to do with it. Also usually when you contact him directly by e-mail you will get a much better deal than buying from his eBay store.

Quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
I was going to order a steering wheel and crap from him but he no longer answers his email account, some rep from the company does... I don't feel like dealing with anyone else.
I've noticed the same thing but I think Ed does go through most of the e-mails. When I was asking about their inventory of front bumpers I got a simple "we're out of stock" reply from one of the reps but then received another e-mail from Ed himself explaining why they were out, when to expect new ones to come in and that he'll try to remember to contact me when they do come in.

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
WizAired CAI, Impala 12" Brake Upgrade, ZZP Alternator Rewire and Voltage Booster, Rotated Dogbone Mounts, Kicker KS690 6x9s, JBL GTO427 4s, JBL P652S 6.5s
2001 Ford F150 XLT SuperCab
Stock, LineX, 212K
#5239 - 07/02/08 08:11 AM Re: You can buy any items from Morad! :-)
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Palsut I understand your frustration with the parts you've purchased the hood, spoiler and now the bumper cover. The hood we told you to find a competent body shop. Dealerships don't have time to work on custom jobs, Maco is more into get the paint on get it out the door. Have you seen their work? It's an 8 footer job. For all the stuff you are doing I would find a competent body shop that actually cares instead of saying nope good bye.

Remember anytime you buy used body parts there is going to be flaws.

As for the ad about no cracks etc probably refers to the structeral integrity of the part and not the paint condition.
#5240 - 07/02/08 09:10 AM Re: You can buy any items from Morad! :-)
palsut Offline
That's all I got answer this morning.

"Ed has been out due to family death, I will make sure he is aware of this and replies soon"

If I really have lazy body shop for not doing fix on body filler then why they deserve to be there? All cars wrecked so that's their job to fix it no matter if it is "8 hours" They have like 10-20 guys on this huge building because body filler is waste of their time?

I just want return it back because ebay got wrong year. I thought it was like color fade but I do sure know now it was belong to 2000 silvermist car from vin last night. My car is galaxy silver.