Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#52835 - 05/10/02 12:12 AM Poll: please VOTE IMPORTANT!
Phil C. Offline
Loc: Louisville
I as well as many others love this new message board, the problem is we would like a daily email sent out with new messages that users have posted similar to the yahoo list, but without all of the ads. Please vote yes to make this new board even better.
thank you
#52836 - 05/10/02 09:27 AM Re: Poll: please VOTE IMPORTANT!
Redshift Offline
Loc: Raleigh, NC
Right now that is not possible, whether you vote yes or no. It may be a possible option in the future, but not right now.

Thanks.
#52837 - 05/10/02 04:31 PM Re: Poll: please VOTE IMPORTANT!
Phil C. Offline
well they said in on of the other posts that if people found intrests in the email thing that it would be possible.
#52838 - 05/11/02 09:33 AM Re: Poll: please VOTE IMPORTANT!
Redshift Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Phil C.:
well they said in on of the other posts that if people found intrests in the email thing that it would be possible.
I'm not sure who "they" is, but I'm the only person qualified to speak of what will and will not happen here, and for now, this is not even a possibility. If it were, I'd be sure to activate it for you.
#52839 - 05/12/02 12:30 AM Re: Poll: please VOTE IMPORTANT!
Phil C. Offline
well I think a lot more people were active when using yahoo. Is there anyway we can still use that because I think some of us miss getting the emails with threads in our inboxes.
thanks
#52840 - 05/12/02 04:25 PM Re: Poll: please VOTE IMPORTANT!
John Offline
Loc: Illinois
We might as well kiss our emails goodbye, because as the "Head Honcho" (aka List Nazi) said "I'm the only person qualified to speak of what will and will not happen here". I believe there is a power trip going on here, forget what the majority want, I'll do what I want.
Why not have the UBB and Yahoo groups run at the same time?
#52841 - 05/12/02 05:38 PM Re: Poll: please VOTE IMPORTANT!
Chris Cattie Offline
Loc: Holland, PA / Newark, DE
Not to be all on BAM's jock because I've butted with him before, but if you don't like how it is get off your ass and make your own. BAM took the time to put the whole empire together. HIS TIME - HIS MONEY. It's easy to talk crap but doing it is different. There are like 4 yahoo mail clubs out there and none of them are any good either.
-c
#52842 - 05/12/02 06:32 PM Re: Poll: please VOTE IMPORTANT!
magnetic1 Offline
Loc: Silver Spring, MD
The whole point was to make a decision and stick to it.

If we had both, participation would be close to none because there was no set standard.

I personally like the web board better because you can do many things you couldn't do with emails. Posting pictures, links, and it makes following and looking up older threads a lot easier.

People usually do not react well to change, I mean.. I'll be a bunch of people will be like.. dont come out with the new Grand Prix.. we like ours the way it is. blah blah blah...

geezus.. If you didn't KNOWDIST((intentionally mispelled) I am getting PIST(intentionally mispelled) off. mad
EX-99 Green Grand Prix GTP

Our Autocross Team
#52843 - 05/12/02 10:25 PM Re: Poll: please VOTE IMPORTANT!
Redshift Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by John:
We might as well kiss our emails goodbye, because as the "Head Honcho" (aka List Nazi) said "I'm the only person qualified to speak of what will and will not happen here". I believe there is a power trip going on here, forget what the majority want, I'll do what I want.
Why not have the UBB and Yahoo groups run at the same time?
Not to sound harsh, John, but if you don't like the board, don't use it. I don't appreciate people coming aboard just to bitch about a power trip which is so far off base I don't have the time to go into the many ways why that is true. no Before accusing me, perhaps you should consider what contributions I have made to this community over the years rather than homing in on one point you don't like and getting angry about it. smile As I have explained countless times already, and in great detail, there are always pros and cons of every decision in life, and the con here is that email is temporarily gone. I'm sorry you don't like it.

The new format is this board. If you like it, use it; if not, don't. Let's get back to talking about what we came here for and what I began this whole thing for back in January of 1997, and that is the Grand Prix. [Rotate]
#52844 - 05/13/02 02:12 PM Re: Poll: please VOTE IMPORTANT!
Phil C. Offline
guys i didnt want to start an argument with this cheers
#52845 - 05/13/02 06:51 PM Re: Poll: please VOTE IMPORTANT!
Chris Cattie Offline
I for one am glad I don't see vette68guth. That guy was a cockhead.
-c
#52846 - 05/13/02 08:37 PM Re: Poll: please VOTE IMPORTANT!
Redshift Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cattie:
I for one am glad I don't see vette68guth. That guy was a cockhead.
-c
Chris, we do not tolerate personal attacks here. Kindly edit your post or have it changed. Nobody should be attacking anyone else here.
#52847 - 05/17/02 01:49 AM Re: Poll: please VOTE IMPORTANT!
Chris Cattie Offline
BAM - With all due respect. I stand behind what I said 110%. I feel there are many mailing list members that were somehow in your good graces and got away with awful attacks on "lesser" members. I will leave it for you or another moderator to edit because for me to edit my post would be like asking an artist to change his work. I hope you will be heavily watching everyone because many old timers who were intolerant lead to the rise to the clubgp forums because they are more accepting. So edit if you must but make sure no member is above any of the others in the "playing favorites" neighborhood.
-c
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian A. Marks:
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cattie:
[b]I for one am glad I don't see vette68guth. That guy was a cockhead.
-c
Chris, we do not tolerate personal attacks here. Kindly edit your post or have it changed. Nobody should be attacking anyone else here.[/b]