Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#54043 - 10/15/02 07:48 PM Street Scene Speed Grille Troubles!
Beretta2219 Offline
Loc: Troy, MI
I just got the speed grille from the GP Store and am having trouble getting it to fit my 2002 GT. I spend 2 hours just trying to bend it so it would look good. Then the clips they give don't fit anywhere on the bottom part of the top grille and the top clips are very loose. Please give any suggestions on how to get these grille pieces to stay securely in place and hopefully with no vibration. Thanks.
#54044 - 10/16/02 03:42 AM Re: Street Scene Speed Grille Troubles!
rrfleury Offline
Loc: Oregon
I had the same problem. My bottom pieces did not fit into the bottom grill very well. I used some electrical tape on the parts where the grills were going to touch the paint. I was able to get four of the clips to hold the bottom pieces after carefully bending the back of the speed grills. The top pieces I had a harder time getting to work and used clear ty wraps through the slots where the original grill upper supports were. For the bottom I found some alluminum screws with a big enough head to screw into the original screw holes (thread size did not matter since the screw holder is plastic and will re-tread itself)

I thought it was going to be easier than it was but the after effects were worth the trouble. Hope this helps
#54045 - 10/16/02 10:43 AM Re: Street Scene Speed Grille Troubles!
Neo GTP Offline
Loc: Niagara Falls
I had no problems on my 98 gtp. Used the clips with minimal bending of the grille's. If you send me your e-mail I'll send you a digital picture of where I put my clips. I have had them on for over a year and no problems, and they look great. You shouldn't need screws or tie-straps.