Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#55775 - 02/28/04 11:44 AM New guy questions???
02GTP Offline
Loc: MA
Hey guys/girls I just got a 02 GTP with 15,800 miles last week and I love it. The questions that I have are 1. The info center in the dash (gives the MPG, gas used, range)jumps around, the range will say 300 miles then it will say 150 miles and the same goes for the MPG. Second Qestion sometimes the RPM's jump up for no reason, I notice it when its in park.

Thanks for any info
#55776 - 02/28/04 11:53 AM Re: New guy questions???
Adam S. Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, Wi
The rpm thing may be a problem with the tachometer itself, but it's hard to say. The DIC question is interesting; look on the "problems" section of this site, you'll be able to see if anyone else has experienced this and what the cure was. Most of these kinds of problems were illiminated by '02; I'm surprised you're having these issues. By the way, did your purchase include the balance of the factory warranty? It should be 3years/36,000 miles.
#55777 - 02/28/04 12:12 PM Re: New guy questions???
02GTP Offline
Loc: MA
I dont think its the tach,cause the engine rev's up along with the tach. I am going to check out the problem section see what I can find and yes,i do have the balance of the 3/36000 I am going to bring it to the dealer and have them fix it. Just wanted to see if it was a common problem.

thanks alot.
#55778 - 02/28/04 01:29 PM Re: New guy questions???
why2kmax Offline
Loc: Bel Air Maryland
If you just reset the DIC or recently did it it will jomp around a lot. because the gas mileage thing is near instant so one minute you are getting 30mpg coasting and the next 10 with your foot through the floor. Once you get some miles on it it tends to settle down a bit.

Definately have them look at thta and your surge under warranty
Jeff
#55779 - 02/28/04 01:56 PM Re: New guy questions???
Adam S. Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, Wi
Yeah, if you have warranty, don't even touch it. I'm sorry, I thought you meant that the tach needle just moved around; I didn't know the the actual engine speed did to. That could be alot of things; vacuum leak, IAC, etc. And yes, after you first reset the fuel mileage after filling up, it will fluctuate quite abit for awhile.