Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#56320 - 11/10/05 08:54 PM Thanks and more newbie questions
schwinnbobb Offline
Loc: Columbus OH
Hi Guys:

Thanks for all the welcome posts. You guys are great. Here are a couple questions: My heads up when you push buttons 1,3,4 or use the steering wheel controls shows ghosted images of everything on the display. Just started doing this. Does everybodys cars make a moan when first moving in drive? Has done it since day one. Dealer said it was normal ABS noise. Always have wondered. I have never liked the exhaust sound (too fluttery, is that a word???), does anyone run Borla? Didn't that special edition (03?)come with a cat back Borla system? Thanks again
Bob
#56321 - 11/10/05 09:57 PM Re: Thanks and more newbie questions
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I dont know if any cars came from the factory with Borla systems (I kinda doubt it)...but Flowmaster 40s or 50 series seems to be the popular choice. I was unhappy with the sounds of mine from day one, because I knew the 3.8V6 had the potential to sound awesome. If youve ever heard a Buick Grand National with some free flowing pipes you'll know what I mean. That is the grandaddy of our engine. Get rid of that U bend but keep the factory resonator behind the cat or replace it with a glasspak to keep down the interior droning noise (that window buzzing sound) then out back get as loud or mellow as you like (the Flowmasters do have a nice rumble...check out Performance Peddler Ebay store for the best price on Flowmaster I've found anywhere)...as far as the little moaning goes, that could well be the ABS self test...it should only last a second or so and be gone by 5mph...and my GT doesnt have HUD so I cant speak to any of those issues...and lastly on the exhaust, dont be afraid to pop for a few extra bucks in this area (especially that U bend) cuz the performance increase is quite noticeable from the seat-of-the-pants dyno.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#56322 - 11/10/05 10:41 PM Re: Thanks and more newbie questions
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Can't say to much more than that, beside also include a 3" D/P in that exhaust.
As for the HUD, I've heard some do come with cold solder connections in the unit.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#56323 - 11/11/05 07:38 AM Re: Thanks and more newbie questions
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Ditto from what the others have said. As for the HUD there is a cold solder joint in there which requires removal of the HUD.
#56324 - 11/11/05 10:19 AM Re: Thanks and more newbie questions
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Hello,

The cold solder joint usually affects the appearance(dimming) at random times, or all the time. Unless there is another problem besides the dimming that I'm aware of.
It seems odd that would be the issue if it is happening only while buttons are being pressed. It almost sounds like a short..... Where at? I dunno.

http://pdxcgp.com