Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#57286 - 12/14/07 12:27 PM Window problem
Papa_Manz Offline
Loc: El Reno, Oklahoma
So I was going through the drive-thru at McDonald's the other day and after I got my food I tried to roll my window back up, but it wouldn't move, and the motor will make a weird noise for about two seconds and go silent. Anyone got any ides on how I can get my window up. Its supposed to snow tomorrow.
#57287 - 12/14/07 12:44 PM Re: Window problem
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Loc: CT, U.S.A
Turn the key on, and thump the lower door panel with one hand, while pressing the up button. It may get the motor working long enough to close the window.
#57288 - 12/14/07 06:29 PM Re: Window problem
Dthreap Offline
Loc: Canal Fulton, OH
Same thing happened to me this is what I did smile

Take off the door panel: There are 2 plastic things you need to pop off then you can unscrew 2 screws with a torx screw driver ( I believe its a T-15). Then you have to pop the panel off which is fairly easy.

From there you will see all the goodies inside and i had to have someone hit the button on the switch while i pushed up the window. If it doesn't budge have the person doing the switch push on the back of the switch to make sure all the plugs are in all the way...

Good luck smile

#57289 - 12/15/07 07:26 PM Re: Window problem
spillway47 Offline
Loc: East Tennessee
All the power windows in these cars are a PITA. You may, in fact, have to resort to having a friend help you with the "up" button while you try to pull the window up with your hands.

Sometimes after they just sit for a couple of hours they decide to start working again.

But driving around with the driver's window down and snow coming down doesn't sound like any fun. Pop the door panel off if you have to, and good luck to you!

James