Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#57888 - 04/26/07 01:57 PM Question?
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
I got a set of 5 spoke silver painted stars and wanted to know if the lug nuts or bolts(which ever it is) from my old wheels on my grand prix se will fit.

( my car came with the 15 inch plastic hubcab wheels with the steel wheel) confused
#57889 - 04/26/07 02:03 PM Re: Question?
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Not sure, but I can offer another solution:

I got tired of dealing with the stupid plastic caps all the time. So I went to Les Schwabb tire store and bought chrome lug nuts. a dollar a piece. For $20 I got nice lug nuts that match better than the black lug caps and won't fall off.

Just something for you to consider.

PS - If you need the lug nuts for the five spokers, let me know. I'll give you mine.
#57890 - 04/26/07 04:15 PM Re: Question?
Dre da GP man Offline
I might be interested UMFAN but i look at the lug nuts and it seems like it will fit but just the top of the lug nut will have that hole on top but i dont want to cover it with the black plastic cap.

But i was thinking about painting the rims black what do you guys think.

I heard krylon fusion paint was good.
#57891 - 04/26/07 04:59 PM Re: Question?
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
I personally think you should just leave them the way they are... painted stock wheels IMO don't look that great.

'97 SE with alot of mods
#57892 - 04/26/07 11:09 PM Re: Question?
Dre da GP man Offline
Yeah I kinda figured that but I have a white car and soon I want to get some black tint and I thought maybe I'll paint the stock 5 spoke rims black and see how they look because I want to buy the real black rims with the silver lip in the summertime/fall.

Anymore opinions.
#57893 - 04/26/07 11:23 PM Re: Question?
Kev-GTP Offline
Loc: Dallas, Tx
Eh it sounds pretty risky. I wounld't worry about it and get some nice black ones when you can. But thats just me.
#57894 - 04/27/07 12:25 AM Re: Question?
Dre da GP man Offline
Okay, I will keep them stock silver but I want to repaint it again silver. So how many cans of spray paint and clear coats and what brand to use and do I need to use somekind of sandpaper or leave it and spray over it.
#57895 - 04/27/07 07:40 AM Re: Question?
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
If your going to refinish those wheels sand first with a 320 grit then use duplicolour silver wheel paint (3coats) then finish up with a couple coats of duplicolour clear,you will need 2 cans of silver and 1 can of clear.Chico.
#57896 - 04/27/07 04:45 PM Re: Question?
Dre da GP man Offline
Okay, thats what I will do. How much will it cost(estimate) for the paint and can I get this at autozone, advanced auto, etc.

I dont get paid till monday so Im wondering if its no more than 20 dollars, i could borrow that money from my mom and do it tommorow because its suppose to be 70 degrees here.
#57897 - 04/27/07 06:13 PM Re: Question?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
figure 5 bucks per can and 5 bucks for the sandpaper.

I can't remember the brand but there is a nice sanding medium on a sponge material that may work nicely for you. It is cleanable and reusable. I used it when I painted my wifes bike and it worked great. It comes in various grades of abrasiveness.
#57898 - 04/27/07 08:28 PM Re: Question?
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
i personally like white rims on a white car
#57899 - 04/28/07 06:48 PM Re: Question?
Dre da GP man Offline
A while ago I talk about the white rims with my white gp and the rims were 18inch with the chrome lip which I saw on ebay. I told my friends about it and they laugh at me.

I put on the stock tires on that I got from chico and they ride better than the original 15inch rims I had but the 5 spokes doesn't seem to give a quick reaction when I accelerate than the 15 inch rims I took off.

They seems so wide than the other plastic rims I had.
#57900 - 04/28/07 08:43 PM Re: Question?
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
Replacing the wheels is all about looks man... unless your running Drag Radials or slicks it won't grab any better

'97 SE with alot of mods