Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#5806 - 07/10/03 11:14 PM Help!
01BlackGTP Offline
Loc: Roselle, IL
Hey guys whats up? I am a new member just signed up and i just wanted to say Hi. Also i had a question for any one i am looking for an exhaust for my 01 GTP and i was wonder what you guys have and if you like the sound. Thanks
#5807 - 07/11/03 06:57 AM Re: Help!
Marc Harbison Offline
Loc: Fredericksburg, VA
Welcome! The types of aftermarket exhaust systems are numerous. I'd suggest visiting the websites of our aftermarket vendors such as Parts For Your Car (PFYC) at: http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PFYC&Category_Code=GP

They have products for more than just the GP, but the link above will take you to the GP related stuff. Look for the link on the left dealing with exhaust stuff. There's other vendors as well that offer similiar items. PFYC has a proven track record of good quality items, fair prices and good customer service.

You might also try searching on ClubGP.com for related information at: http://www.clubgp.com/

Marc
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RIP '97 GTP w/ 192K miles - Totaled when broadsided
#5808 - 07/11/03 09:21 AM Re: Help!
Chew Offline
Loc: Washington, DC
The big suppliers of catback systems are: Borla (what I have), SLP (the same guys who made Firehawks and SS Camaros) and MSP.

You can also go custom and just redo mufflers. Since the stock pipes are stainless and decently sized, most people just delete the Ubend near the rear O2 sensor and replace the mufflers with some higher flow ones (even tho the stockers are pretty dang good already). Maybe throw some new tips on there.

Just wanted to give you some ideas. Good luck!

Chew

2007 Sly Silver Pontiac Solstice GXP
#5809 - 07/12/03 02:46 AM Re: Help!
Jeff3800 Offline
Loc: se michigan
You can also do what I did and replace the mufflers with a s bend and reuse the stock tips.
#5810 - 07/13/03 05:53 PM Re: Help!
01BlackGTP Offline
Loc: Roselle, IL
Yea ill give that stuff a shot thanks guys. I dont want to spen big bucks so i think i might go with replacing the u bend and getting some mufflers.