Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#58219 - 10/01/02 07:56 PM 2000 Grand Prix Radio Q??
Stormtrooper1 Offline
Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Hey everybody I Have a quick and easy Question-

I am Looking at buying a 2000 Grand Prix SE.

It Has The Factory Cassette Deck.

What i need to know is are the 2000 GP's PREWIRED for a CD Changer, and will the factory Deck Control it?

I have a Gm changer on hand i would like to be able to use.

Also If it is prewired where is the harness?

Thanks Everyone. Great site going on here (Im new)
Stormtrooper1
#58220 - 10/09/02 12:24 AM Re: 2000 Grand Prix Radio Q??
BeaSSt Offline
Loc: Savannah, GA
Hi Stormtrooper1 and welcome aboard(as I'm also new here, too).

I, on the other hand, have already made the commitment w/ the purchase of my HOT Red '00 GTP GP. But, I do like your question concerning the poss. addition of a CD changer and althro I don't really know the answer to your question as where the GP are concerned. But, I do remember back when I had my '98 TransAm(and on the fbody board). It(the same question) was brought up over there, too. The reply was if, I remember correctly that there was SIPI code on the tag(then again, maybe not). But, the harness was run out in the rear trunk area on the left side behind the cardboard liner(if, the changer isn't installed). So, you should be able to look behind the liner and see a plug for the changer wink

Good luck,
Don

[size=1]'88 T-Top SSilver-n-Grey Monte Carlo SS 350ci/400hp-700r4 Dart SSportsman heads w/ Accel hi energy ignition w/ 8.8mm Accel wires & HEI SSuper coil w/ cap, Crane Hi Energy cam w/ 527 left, Performer Intake w/ a Eldabrock Comp. 680cfm carb., Dynomax headers - 2 1/2 dual flowmasters and a trunk load of speakers & amps[/size=1] cool
http://www.fbody.com/members/nuwnre/
#58221 - 10/19/02 02:35 PM Re: 2000 Grand Prix Radio Q??
Mike46 Offline
Loc: Fort Hood, TX
CD changers are really easy to install, does you GM one have an FM Modulator? If it does, it doesnt matter if the cars prewired for it. You only got to connect 4 wires, the 12v power, remote wire, ground, and the antenna. I wired my Koss 10cd changer in my (now gone) '90 Cavalier in 30 minutes. Its a real easy job.
#58222 - 10/19/02 06:43 PM Re: 2000 Grand Prix Radio Q??
Stormtrooper1 Offline
Thanks For all Thge Replys-

Heres the low-down on what happened.

I did not purchase the 00 GP (SE)

I DID on the other hand, go out and purchase a fully loaded 99 GP GT. I got all the options i wanted, including a CD changer in the trunk.

The Changer i had was not FM modulated, and the SE i was looking at didnt have a cable (that i could find)

Now i just need to sell the Extra changer i have. smile

Thanks again-
Mike
#58223 - 11/08/02 08:39 AM Re: 2000 Grand Prix Radio Q??
BeaSSt Offline
Loc: Savannah, GA
So, what are ya askin for it, Mike??? I haven't thought or even checked into installing a charger I my '00 GTP. But, come to think about it, it might not be a bad move. If, I can make it work.

Later,
Don

[size=1]'88 T-Top SSilver-n-Grey Monte Carlo SS 350ci/400hp-700r4 Dart SSportsman heads w/ Accel hi energy ignition w/ 8.8mm Accel wires & HEI SSuper coil w/ cap, Crane Hi Energy cam w/ 527 left, Performer Intake w/ a Eldabrock Comp. 680cfm carb., Dynomax headers - 2 1/2 dual flowmasters and a trunk load of speakers & amps[/size=1] cool
http://www.fbody.com/members/nuwnre/
#58224 - 11/09/02 12:38 AM Re: 2000 Grand Prix Radio Q??
Stormtrooper1 Offline
beaSST-
Sorry.. I Just Sold it on Ebay.. The Auction Closed like 2 days ago.... Mine went for $200, But if you keep watching ebay you may be able to come accross one cheaper. Maybe a 6 disc instead of a 12 even.. But Hey $200 for a 12 disc is a deal, since the dealer wants $450 for a changer.

(For ease of install check in the Rear Passenger side of the trunk under the carpet, and along the sidewall, if there is a cable there, its plug and play!, if not you just pic up the cable from the dealer or the net, plug it in to the Head unit, string it to the trunk and Then its plug and play!)

Mike