Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#58869 - 06/05/02 12:45 AM HUD and windshield
fiercebboy Offline
Loc: OKC
Last night a few hoodlums came by my house and caused havoc for us. They threw rocks at all the cars and caused many MAJOR damages. The grand prix just happened to catch the biggest rock. It cracked the windshield and it's about 12 inches long. Is there an easy fix and should i go with it, or should i just have it replaced? I read a few posts earlier that GP's w/ HUD has a special coating on the windshield. Is that true? will any 97-up GP windshield work? well i guess i'm off to figure out how to stop these hoodlums, and calculate the damages to all 5 of our vehicles. any help is appreciated.
#58870 - 06/05/02 09:48 AM Re: HUD and windshield
Eric Offline
Loc: Plymouth, MN
With that large of a crack, I would recommend you get a new windshield. And yes there is a difference between windshields with and without HUD. Make sure you tell your auto glass repair company this or you might end up with the wrong one, leaving you HUD all blurry.
#58871 - 06/07/02 02:00 PM Re: HUD and windshield
crazyliver Offline
Loc: Canada
the difference between the windshields is the HUD ones pass a clarity test. there is no special coating. Some people say it doesn't make a difference, but others sasy it coould be blurry. If it is covered in insurance, get the correct windshield. The HUD windshield and the regular one are differenciated by the M10 and M12 markings on the passenger side bottom of the glass. I can't remember which is which though. sorry.
#58872 - 06/12/02 12:50 PM Re: HUD and windshield
YDTRACK Offline
Loc: Ridgecrest, CA
I added a HUD to my GTP and it is not blurry. I talked to a couple of glass shops before I did the mod and they do have 2 different listings for the GP windshield With or Without HUD. According to them it is not a coating, but a clarity test as others have stated. I would call around to see what the glass shops tell you.

Craig