Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#58877 - 03/27/04 01:08 PM HUD dimming?
blown_gp Offline
Loc: Memphis
Hey people what`s up! new member here, proud owner of a 99 GTP that runs like a dream with 94k on the speedo, but I do have a 1 problem, the HUD keeps fading in and out, I was thinking that the dimmer might be going bad but I don`t want to buy a new one if it's not gonna fix the problem, anyone experince this before? any help would be appreciated.
#58878 - 03/29/04 05:15 PM Re: HUD dimming?
LewsTherin Offline
Loc: Rosedale, IN
Hello,

Here is a link to another board that has the fix for this. Seems it is a pretty common problem and I am getting ready to do the fix myself this week. Seems there is a bad (cold) solder joint where the photo sensor joins the board. Fix seems pretty straight forward and appears to work for the majority.

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=3367&p=&mpage=1&tmode=1&smode=1&key=hud%2Cdimming&language=single&cookieCheck=467696786

laugh
4 dr
#58879 - 03/30/04 03:44 PM Re: HUD dimming?
blown_gp Offline
Hey thanks for the info, I will definatelly check that out
#58880 - 04/06/04 12:54 PM Re: HUD dimming?
LewsTherin Offline
Update
I just pulled the HUD and did the fix.
Seems to work great. Brighest my HUD has been on my 2000 GT since I have owned it. Nice to see it in the daylight for a change and hopefully no more dimming at any time unless I adjust the dimmer myself.
Project took about 45 mins or so. Could do it faster but I had a couple of operator errors in the process laugh

Remember put the hammer hammer down cause it is spring!!!!
4 dr
#58881 - 04/16/04 07:36 AM Re: HUD dimming?
blown_gp Offline
so I finally got around pulling the HUD out, & 45 min job is a pretty accurate description, & resolder, put back together & it has been working great ever since, who knew that I was thinking about buying an HUD from Ebay, I`t was really getting anoying! But never the less thanks for the Imfo LewsTherin, it was nice of you to share that Info with me
#58882 - 04/16/04 12:37 PM Re: HUD dimming?
LewsTherin Offline
Hey no problem isn't that why we all come here?
I am glad it fixed it for ya. Mine seems to be going strong. I didn't realize that it was supposed to be that bright smile I did read in that thread that a couple of ppl had repeat problems and had to finally replace the unit but it seems most had good luck and I hope that both of ours are ok for a long time smile

oh btw hammer cause it is too damn nice out not to smile
4 dr