Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#59666 - 05/18/07 10:49 PM plans
GTPJesse Offline
Loc: Wis
Hey guys,

I've been thinking about debadging my GTP decals, and putting some Grand Prix SE decals in. What do you peeps think? Or should I just take them off?
Appearance mods= 20% tint all around, HID's, rerouted flashes to fogs and tails, front grill has a Red Gtp badge,Calipers painted red, engine cover painted silver, and with red lettering, rear pontiac red overlays, and side Gtp badges have red overlays, Silver star fogs, A piller w/gauges boost installed, oil, knock have to be installed, and a GPS.

Mods to come= 3" DP, and others........haven't thought about it
#59667 - 05/18/07 11:32 PM Re: plans
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
I say if your going to de-badge it, keep em off. Dont put the SE ones on.
#59668 - 05/18/07 11:59 PM Re: plans
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
x2

'97 SE with alot of mods
#59669 - 05/19/07 12:11 AM Re: plans
Kev-GTP Offline
Loc: Dallas, Tx
x3... it will still be a sleeper if you de-badge it, but I think it will look much better. People will still be like "What is that?"
#59670 - 05/19/07 01:10 AM Re: plans
GTPJesse Offline
Yeah, but how much better would it be for them to think it was a SE. Come on they would tell everyone that they were just beat by a Gp Se! Idk......I guess ill have to think about it.
Appearance mods= 20% tint all around, HID's, rerouted flashes to fogs and tails, front grill has a Red Gtp badge,Calipers painted red, engine cover painted silver, and with red lettering, rear pontiac red overlays, and side Gtp badges have red overlays, Silver star fogs, A piller w/gauges boost installed, oil, knock have to be installed, and a GPS.

#59671 - 05/19/07 01:11 AM Re: plans
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I agree adding the SE badges would be a no-go...besides, most people I see driving GPs are older folk and family women. Sometimes I think of how many potential muscle cars are putting around doing such mundane tasks... the point being that most wont know the difference so why low ball your muscle machine by false badging it? If you want something different go with something original of your own. I think RooK will be going with the "pink panther" theme on his ride.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#59672 - 05/19/07 06:43 AM Re: plans
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Loc: CT, U.S.A
You mentioned your GTP was silver; maybe a Silver Surfer decal would work... wink
#59673 - 05/19/07 08:46 AM Re: plans
GTPJesse Offline
Hey Blackarrow,

That's awesome! Since I call the Gtp "the silver surfer" the only thing is I'm been adding red to it. Like the calipers are red, and I just bought a engine cover that was painted silver, and the supercharger, strips, and 3800 2 was done red. I'm also planning on buying two sets of the pontiac decals for the back. One silver and one red then put them on........like the the "p" would be red then the "o" would be silver and so on.......idk inside the car I want to add red as well.

#59674 - 05/19/07 09:39 AM Re: plans
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Thanks GTPJesse, glad ya like it! Post up some pics when you get it done... cool
#59675 - 05/19/07 09:52 AM Re: plans
GTPJesse Offline
No, prob! I have some pics that I want to upload but I'm rarely at a computer. I do all my "surfing the web" with my sidekick 3 (my cell phone) which is sorta like being on a computer but can't do everything like one.

#59676 - 05/19/07 10:36 AM Re: plans
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Looking forward to the pics; the Silver Surfer is a stylin' dude, no matter what color accents ya go with. And it would give the ricers something to see, besides your taillights... devilgrin