Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#60085 - 01/07/06 11:44 PM Re: strut tower braces
01GPGT Offline
Loc: Minnesota
sweet thanks man!

Short Ram Air Intake | Throttle Body Spacer| Throttle Body Screen Removed | ZZP PCM | 180* Thermostat| Debaged |Flipped Sway Bar | Strut Tower Stabilizer | Motor Mounts | Tr55's | Coming soon : 3" DP |
#60086 - 01/11/06 01:49 PM Re: strut tower braces
01GPGT Offline
fairly simple... LOL yeah i flipped my swar bar today it took like 2 hours it was kinda hard! It went pretty good but its a lil hard. I took off one of the tie rod ends like you said. but its got a lock nut on there and we had to use a torch to heat it up and impact it off. Getting the sway bar back in was a lil tough theres not much room to get it back in there so we dropped the engine about 1 1/2 inches to give us a lil more room. Well now im all set for the 3" downpipe! Im pretty happy. I need to get an alignment tho and a new lock nut. If i get the GMPP handling kit. i sure as hell dont wanna do the sway bar again. we'll see smile

Why do you need a new sway bar with the GMPP kit? I dont see how another on will make any difference.

Short Ram Air Intake | Throttle Body Spacer| Throttle Body Screen Removed | ZZP PCM | 180* Thermostat| Debaged |Flipped Sway Bar | Strut Tower Stabilizer | Motor Mounts | Tr55's | Coming soon : 3" DP |
#60087 - 01/11/06 01:57 PM Re: strut tower braces
01GPGT Offline
oh and by the way if you have two people it REALLY helps. i did most of it my self and my tech teacher helped out a tiny bit.

#60088 - 01/11/06 06:30 PM Re: strut tower braces
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
The sway bar that comes with the GMPP kit is bigger/stronger/stiffer than the OEM sway bar.
My tie rod ends didn't have lock nuts, it had cotter pins.
If you don't plan on swapping sway bars, then I wouldn't bother buying the GMPP handling kit.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#60089 - 01/11/06 08:29 PM Re: strut tower braces
01GPGT Offline
hmm well maybe i might end up getting the GMPP kit in the future since i know how to do it now..

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2