Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#60312 - 08/29/09 03:21 PM It Felt Good To Be Back In The Car Again... No 56K)
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
Well the car has been sitting since I wrecked it. Today was a beautiful day and i'm not busy either. So I decided to work on her a bit. I finally got around to changing out the bent track bar (Pics below). But I also found another bar that is bent, but not as bad as the track bar. I don't know the name of it though. It runs pretty close to being parallel with the track bar. I know it's not the trailing arm or the sway bar. If someone a has diagram of the rear end assembly that'd be awesome.

Once I got it all put back together I took her for a spin, yes it is actually somewhat driveable. Here is my analysis of the drive. Engine and transmission seem fine, no overheating of any kind. Obviously the alignment is still off, but not as bad as when I tried driving it after the wreck. I know there is something really wrong in the front end though. If I just take off slowly there is like a rubbing noise in the front. This also happens when going WOT, kinda scary cause it feels like something wants to maybe break lose. There was no sense of actual vibrations, just a loud rubbing (not clicking) noise when accelerating and turning. I feels kinda safe driving at 60-65MPH but i'd be scared to go any faster than that.

But it was good to get back in, see what else is wrong, crank up the Bose and jam out for a little bit. If anyone knows what any of those issues might be, just post up... I understand it could be many different things, I haven't got it to repair shop yet either. As it looks right now I will repair her to minimal cost to have as a backup ride or I will more and likely try to sell it all together since it's drivable to transport.

#60313 - 08/29/09 03:31 PM Re: It Felt Good To Be Back In The Car Again... No 56K)
jorgs_7 Offline
Loc: Eagan,MN
Does that peice you're talking about run parallel with the doors of the car? Is the bolt of this peice at the very bottom of the wheel hub?

If so, That would be a trailing arm. I wouldnt be suprised at all If that was bent. Its garbage stamped steel that will rotate/bend.
#60314 - 08/29/09 03:51 PM Re: It Felt Good To Be Back In The Car Again... No 56K)
tazfootball2 Offline
Nope it doesn't run parallel to the doors, like I said, I know it's not the trailing arms. Plus, I had put the GMPP upgrades on (solid). The stock ones are collecting dust in my room. But thanks! wink

#60315 - 08/29/09 03:53 PM Re: It Felt Good To Be Back In The Car Again... No 56K)
jorgs_7 Offline
Oh, I thought you said it might be the trailing arm or sway bar. My fault.

Arent those called lateral arms? AKA Inner/outter tie rods?
#60316 - 08/29/09 03:55 PM Re: It Felt Good To Be Back In The Car Again... No 56K)
tazfootball2 Offline
Might be, i'll try looking it up. Thanks man!

#60317 - 08/29/09 04:00 PM Re: It Felt Good To Be Back In The Car Again... No 56K)
jorgs_7 Offline
#60318 - 08/29/09 04:18 PM Re: It Felt Good To Be Back In The Car Again... No 56K)
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Have you taken off the front wheel and looked around?
#60319 - 08/29/09 06:42 PM Re: It Felt Good To Be Back In The Car Again... No 56K)
Zalfrin Offline
Loc: Iowa City, IA
That's quite a kink you've got there!