Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#6063 - 05/30/02 08:07 AM Buick strut tower braces installation
Johnw Offline
Loc: Kansas
Hi,
I just purchased the strut tower braces for 2002 GTP and wondered if anyone had installed these yet. I am assuming that I just eyesight them to where they looked centered and drill my holes, but wondered if anyone had better instructions.

Thanks,
John
20002 GTP w/20% tint, Thrasher TEP and 3.4 pulley, Borla exhaust, PAC OnStar interface for Pioneer DEX-P1R, Kicker speakers throughout and Kicker Solobaric L7-12's. All self installed. confused
#6064 - 06/03/02 11:42 AM Re: Buick strut tower braces installation
stripedbadger Offline
Loc: Greenville, Ohio
John,

Yep, that's about it. You might want to repaint and throw some clearcoat on them before installing too. The paint job they come with is not exactly great. :rolleyes:

Tips. On my '99, I had to remove a threaded stud that was in the way on the driver's tower.

Apply a piece of masking tape on the strut tower to make an outline of the holes for easier drilling.

If your installing one on the rear tower, the slot will have to be reamed a tad bit larger to fit properly over the bolt.

Good luck!
#6065 - 06/03/02 12:11 PM Re: Buick strut tower braces installation
Boost Offline
Loc: Troy, MI
Quote:
If your installing one on the rear tower, the slot will have to be reamed a tad bit larger to fit properly over the bolt.
You'll need to ream the rear bar's slots by 2 mm. The Buick STB slots are for a 13 mm bolt, but the rear strut tower bolts are 15 mm.