Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#62009 - 07/14/05 08:05 AM Hand Over of Power
BonnevilleLover Offline
Loc: Kuwait/Iraq
Well, Saturday is the official hand over of power (My 16 YO is getting the PFYC.com GP). After she gets it, she will be introduced to this board so that she can learn all she can. I have spoken to her many times about responsibility and general ownership of a vehicle. At this point, she still thinks she is getting a 1996 Chevy Lumina. :-D

Trish has driven the new GP a few times since it arrived in Houston on Monday. She thinks its a great car, but I think she still likes her Daytona GP better. What is your take on the new GP Trish? I can already hear the stirrings of a few upgrades to her car already! smile

I will post the pictures as I get them. smile I really can't wait!

Trish really needs to post some more pics too!
#62010 - 07/14/05 08:41 AM Re: Hand Over of Power
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Where in Houston is the car?
I'm driving to Galveston this weekend.
Is the car locked up under cover, or is it out in the open?
If it's anywhere near on the way to Galveston, and not locked up under cover, I might be able to talk the wife into taking a little detour on Friday night.
I'd love to see that car.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#62011 - 07/14/05 08:54 AM Re: Hand Over of Power
BonnevilleLover Offline
Actually it is now in The Woodlands, TX. That is just north of Houston. She will be getting the car about Noon that day at her birthday party. smile YAY DADDY!!

I talked to Mike at PFYC.com and he mentioned getting with Chris Green to see if the local GP club can have a meeting at a place near there to Welcome Trish and Cyn! That would be fun for them.

The car is, at the moment, being protected by someone I trust. smile Glock 22 and Ar-15 are constant companions. lol.

I think if you would be in that town this weekend that she wouldn't mind someone stopping by to see it. There will, of course, be the usual suspects with her. :-D

I've been told it runs and handles like a dream. I think so far, I've gotten my money's worth. Time will tell!
#62012 - 07/14/05 09:50 AM Re: Hand Over of Power
AustinGTP Offline
Won't be able to see it this weekend if it's in The Woodlands.
I might be interested in maybe taking a day trip to Spring (is that it?) next weekend, if possible.

ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#62013 - 07/14/05 10:06 AM Re: Hand Over of Power
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by BonnevilleLover:

The car is, at the moment, being protected by someone I trust. smile Glock 22 and Ar-15 are constant companions. lol.
LMAO!!! lol

Good one. A man of similar ideas of protection.

Hmmm... Your family is almost a complete GP family. laugh
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#62014 - 07/14/05 10:34 AM Re: Hand Over of Power
BonnevilleLover Offline
LOL Yes. My twins just turned 14 this month. 2 more years and hmmmm THEY might be getting GP's also. smile I think that might make a good article somewhere. Who knows.

notontopic As for protection, yes, I am as picky with personal protection as I am about my cars. Only the best. I once had a friend that wanted to buy his first handgun. When I asked how much he wanted to spend, he said 250. I laughed and then told him for a decent handgun, 500 - 700 would be target. When he scoffed, I just asked one simple question: "Isn't your life worth the few extra dollars?". He spent 600.00 that day. :-)

Now this was off topic, because I had the same discussion about cars before. When a friend wanted to save some money and buy a Grand Am for his daughter... I told him to compare safety data. He bought her a GP. See that kind makes it "on topic" doesnt it?
#62015 - 07/14/05 11:02 AM Re: Hand Over of Power
snowcrash Offline
Loc: charlotte, nc
is there any pictures of this car, cause i have no idea what is going on here! one minute somebody is getting a car for their b-day, then a friend buys a gun! hehe, smile just joking about that stuff, but i would like to see the car or a link to it!
dhp 1.0
#62016 - 07/14/05 11:28 AM Re: Hand Over of Power
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Dang thay removed the pic from the site already. I was hoping they'd be slow about it.
#62017 - 07/14/05 11:29 AM Re: Hand Over of Power
BonnevilleLover Offline
What is the name of that place that I can post pictures to? I can't remember. :|
#62018 - 07/14/05 11:43 AM Re: Hand Over of Power
BonnevilleLover Offline
Ahhhh I remember now!!! smile

http://tinypic.com/8w9y7s.jpg

and another of the side. Not a very good one. I will get better later.

http://tinypic.com/8wa1bn.jpg

Here is a pic of the car I am talking about that my daughter is getting for her birthday.
#62019 - 07/14/05 11:45 AM Re: Hand Over of Power
BonnevilleLover Offline
No Herc, It was off in a flash. Mike is going to make it the car of the week for next week to Welcome Cynthia to the GP world.

smile
#62020 - 07/14/05 12:11 PM Re: Hand Over of Power
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Can you say car show??? 1st place???
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#62021 - 07/14/05 12:30 PM Re: Hand Over of Power
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
When you hand over the power, are you going face each other to hold hands and lightning will shoot everywhere with orchestra music playing?

*Hercules: The legendary Journeys" reference.*

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#62022 - 07/14/05 12:33 PM Re: Hand Over of Power
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by BonnevilleLover:
Mike is going to make it the car of the week for next week to Welcome Cynthia to the GP world.

smile
I've been trying to get GP of the week for a while now. mad
I sent in my last pic, I'm not sending in anymore.
banghead

#62023 - 07/14/05 01:32 PM Re: Hand Over of Power
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
Was your car ever PFYC's pic of the week? I've seen many plain cars on there lately.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >