Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#64609 - 06/02/07 12:04 PM Re: For guys really serious about their Grand Prixs i have a serious prob, many options
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
grandtouring ... you must really like caps your name has it and you spell in it everytime ... first off ... stop useing caps

2nd take your car to the shop and get everything fixed so it runs fine again. then you can start doing your mods

do like dummerboy said ... in that order...

And Chico X2

grandtouring you just need to sit back and think about what you are saying ... sit and read what everyone has to say ... and chances are listen to them .. they know what they are talken about
#64610 - 06/02/07 08:10 PM Re: For guys really serious about their Grand Prixs i have a serious prob, many options
grandtouring Offline
Loc: Hull, Quebec, Canada
ok guys, ive said before that i was sorry for being such a pain in the ass, and no i dont know what the f*** im doing, but you daont all have to bash me and put me down, way to boost my confidence. Im just trying!, so anyways what do you expect me to do, where do i go to get all my mods installed, the dealership wont do it, and my mechanic i go to is away up here by my cottage. ill go to the dealershiop i guess and ask them to hack into my car and see whats wrong. then i'll install my mods,
#64611 - 06/02/07 08:18 PM Re: For guys really serious about their Grand Prixs i have a serious prob, many options
20gtp02 Offline
It's not that we are bashing you. If you go to another site you will get eatn' up. Here we are trying to help, but you have to follow the advice. You need a special puller to install your 3.4 pulley. Even dealerships don't carry it. You can rent it or buy it or borrow from some club member some how. But you have to scan your car via some sort of scanning device (PowerTuner) and it takes experience to mess with the coding of the PCM. The Tuner is aroudn $400. But I wouldn't suggest buying it since you aren't sure about modding. We are just keeping you from further trouble.

#64612 - 06/02/07 08:40 PM Re: For guys really serious about their Grand Prixs i have a serious prob, many options
grandtouring Offline
i know a guy with the puller, and ill ask theere is a guy in the city that installs pcm's so ill install my thermostate and pully at my mech's house then ill go to the city to get my pcm installed
#64613 - 06/02/07 11:34 PM Re: For guys really serious about their Grand Prixs i have a serious prob, many options
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Please make sure the puller is designed for removing S/C pulleys and not the standard 3 finger type of puller. The standard 3 finger type of puller will not remove the pulley from the snout. It'll bend the pulley, and even if you were some how able to get the pulley off, without the proper puller to install the pulley, it won't go on. The proper pulley will also press the pulley onto the shaft.

If he really does have the proper puller, I'll be he'll be able to install the PCM also.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#64614 - 06/03/07 09:31 AM Re: For guys really serious about their Grand Prixs i have a serious prob, many options
grandtouring Offline
what do you mean? are you being sarcastic when you said , "if he has the right pully, he'll be able to install mt pcm" what do you mean
#64615 - 06/03/07 09:49 AM Re: For guys really serious about their Grand Prixs i have a serious prob, many options
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Loc: CT, U.S.A
The right puller looks like this: Pulley Boys Using the more common three fingered one is just flirtin' with disaster.. no
There is this one also: ZZP smile
#64616 - 06/03/07 11:06 AM Re: For guys really serious about their Grand Prixs i have a serious prob, many options
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by grandtouring:
what do you mean? are you being sarcastic when you said , "if he has the right pully, he'll be able to install mt pcm" what do you mean
No, I'm being serious. I guess this is why we're having such a hard time giving you advise.
You said you were having a friend install the pulley, then drive across town to have another friend install the PCM.
If your first friend has enough common sense to remove and install the pulley THE RIGHT WAY, the swapping out the PCM for you shouldn't be a problem for him. No need to drive all over town.

Here's my next vision... Your friend DOESN'T have the right puller and your pulley is about to get jacked up because he's going to use the wrong puller, a 3 finger style puller, and you'll be superchargerless this afternoon.
I'll go ahead and answer the question I see coming...
Yes, it's okay to drive without a belt on the S/C, you just won't have near as much power.

Good luck to you.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#64617 - 06/03/07 11:58 AM Re: For guys really serious about their Grand Prixs i have a serious prob, many options
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
in other words they are telling you DO NOT USE THIS STYLE OF PULLER

http://www.dialmfg.com/photogallery/6100.JPG

so you dont jack up your pully or your supercharger snout
#64618 - 06/03/07 02:54 PM Re: For guys really serious about their Grand Prixs i have a serious prob, many options
Richard Candelario Offline
hate that style of puller. Not too long ago, I was helping my buddy pull his harmonic balancer off the crank of his 305 SBC. Sure as crap, we end up skewing his balancer. All that he could do was toss it and get a new one. Poor guy. We then tried the type of puller yall are recommending for the S/C snout. I forgot to mention about the threads in the crank, and get something so the sharp point wouldnt foul the threads. You guessed it: new crank for his SBC. His luck was foul for this rebuild.

Moral of the story: STEER CLEAR OF THE 3-FINGER PULLERS!!!

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#64619 - 06/03/07 03:56 PM Re: For guys really serious about their Grand Prixs i have a serious prob, many options
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Actually there is a special puller for harmonic balancers as well.
#64620 - 06/03/07 05:16 PM Re: For guys really serious about their Grand Prixs i have a serious prob, many options
Again, Herc, you're just so full of good, cheery news today. Are there any smilies out there with a dark cloud over its head? If so, I could really use one right now! I think I need a beer.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#64621 - 06/03/07 05:33 PM Re: For guys really serious about their Grand Prixs i have a serious prob, many options
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Richard, you're in luck: cheers cheers
#64622 - 06/03/07 06:33 PM Re: For guys really serious about their Grand Prixs i have a serious prob, many options
LMAO!!! THATS THE ONE!!! Whats the code for that?

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#64623 - 06/03/07 06:50 PM Re: For guys really serious about their Grand Prixs i have a serious prob, many options
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Hi Richard, here's the site: http://www.thesmilies.com/mad.php Select image code from the drop down, then click on the smilie, and copy and paste the code.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >