Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#65755 - 06/27/02 06:52 PM Low coolant light/Radio Theft Lock
egumban Offline
Loc: MD
My low coolant light started blinking while I'm driving. I checked to make sure there was ample coolant, and the fuild level was fine. The engine is running as cool as it ever was. Any ideas why this is happening?

Also, due to a recent dead battery, my Theft Lock on my radio locked me out. I guess the prior owner had initiated the feature and never left the code (I bought the car used from a dealer). I tried to take a few guesses to unlock it and now I'm getting the "INOP" light and the radio has locked me out permanently. Anyone know how to clear/unlock the radio so it works again? Please drop me a line at egumban@yahoo.com. Any help would be appreciated!!!
#65756 - 06/28/02 06:38 AM Re: Low coolant light/Radio Theft Lock
Ross St.Clair Offline
Loc: Gainesville, VA USA
I believe you'll have to contact your dealer to get the radio unlocked. There is some procedure you have to perform on the radio to get a code from it. With this code, the dealer can give you the unlock code for the radio.

If it looks as though you have plenty of coolant in the overflow reservoir, then I would say the level sensor might be bad. That's something else the dealer would be able to check for you.