Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#67121 - 04/16/09 03:45 PM WTS white 98 cam'd gtp coupe
4rsssfed_grandprix98 Offline
Loc: South Bend
I'm sad to say I am selling my grand prix, especially since I just put a new motor and cam in it. I have a 3 month son now and I need to sell it to purchase something more economical and "family friendly". I have a post on clubgp.com as well, the following has been copied from that post:

"I'm looking to sell my white 1998 GTP coupe. The chassi has 204,xxx on it. A professionaly rebuilt short block with a VS cam(brand new in september) and a rollmaster double roller timing set was put into it in September of 2008, the short block had 7k miles on it at the time. The original heads were reused and the blower which had been replaced prior and has roughly 50k on it.

The car ran very strong for 3 months until the front head cracked and spilled coolant into the cylinders. I am currently in the process of replacing both heads with a "newer" set, most likely L32 heads. The car will be ready for pick up as soon as I have completed the head swap and the car is running again(approximately 2 weeks, May 2/3).

This motor will be practically brand new. The short block was cleaned before it went into my car and the heads will be cleaned and pressure tested before they go on.

Other mods

ZZP built transmission 3.29 gears (approx. 50k miles)
GMPP Suspension (koni adjustable struts/lowering springs) 35k miles
Plog front exhaust manifold (new with cam)
3" DP straight
3" exhaust to "Y" straight
Intense PCM
K&N cone filter intake
T/B spacer
3.3" pulley silver MPS
Comp Cams lifters
ZZP hardened pushrods

The car has graphite cloth interior, aftermarket cd player, dual a-pillar with a/f and boost guage.

Body is in good condition, minor rust in the inner lip of rear wheel wells.

PB before the new motor was 13.69 at us 131 on a cool night.
Dyno'd at 242whp before new motor as well

Looking to get $7,500 OBO located in south bend, indiana area
all resonable offers will be considered.

here is a video of a cold start after the new motor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyICWC6xuU0"

I'll be very sad to see it go when it actually does, you guys have been great friends

VS Cam,CompCams lifters,ZZPpushrods,Rollmaster double,4"intake,PLog headers,3"exhaust,IntensePCM,3.3"mps,ZZPHDTrans,3.29gears,2500 stall,GMPP adjustable suspension,TB spacer,160*tstat