Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#67578 - 06/16/05 11:54 AM Will these rims fit?
DominikRudnicki Offline
Loc: Texas
Theres a set of Dark Wing Racing rims on ebay forsale. Its an 18X8.5 inch rim with a 5/114.3 bolt pattern. It says they fit grand prix's, But this is ebay hah so I jus wanted to be sure. Here is the ebay link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...sspagename=WDVW

Thanks in advance
#67579 - 06/16/05 11:59 AM Re: Will these rims fit?
allboutspeed Offline
Loc: Jacksonville, NC
Our bolt pattern is actually 5X115, but I have seen alot rims that list 5X114.3 as fitting grand prixs' especially on e-bay but I'm not sure I would trust it. Maybe somebody out there has tried and can let the rest of us know the true fact.
#67580 - 06/16/05 01:38 PM Re: Will these rims fit?
DominikRudnicki Offline
I emailed the guy sellin them he said they would for sure fit... I'm still not to sure so if anyone could help me out on this that would be great. Can someone also tell me if 18X8.5 is to wide and if i will rub if i but them on there? It has stock suspension, and i don't think im gonna drop it ever. Thanks guys
#67581 - 06/16/05 02:37 PM Re: Will these rims fit?
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Don't think those go well with GPs...
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#67582 - 06/16/05 02:51 PM Re: Will these rims fit?
kustomkid54 Offline
Loc: Florida
Nope, ugly ones go on Fords only.
#67583 - 06/16/05 02:56 PM Re: Will these rims fit?
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I personally dont think I would trust a site with no feedback on eBay...he also seems to carry a very limited selection and I dont see any way that a 5x114.3 is gonna fit a 5x115 pattern...even if the wheel does go on, the lugnuts arent going to seat properly which could cause them to loosen in transit (not a good thing)...18x8.5 should fit size-wise if the backspacing is right (to avoid wheel/caliper contact)...check out www.bigwheels.net ...they have a good selection at pretty decent prices and you can get wheel/tire packages shipped to you already mounted and balanced...according to their site, our cars can accept up to a 20x9 wheel with proper spacing and tire size...keep in mind the old saying "you get what you pay for"...I ordered an "el cheapo" set of wheels froma supplier at a great price (when I had my Intrepid) they assured me of proper fit...the wheels arrived and were indeed the correct bolt pattern but the center holes were too small. I of course didnt find this out until the tires were mounted and bolted up and I drove away from the tire dealer with my brake rotors rattling to all hell...upon returning, they had to remove the wheels and mill out the center holes for proper fit (which didnt come free)...it wasnt a lot mind you, but enough to cause big problems and lots of extra time and expense...so much for the bargain withstupid

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#67584 - 06/16/05 03:13 PM Re: Will these rims fit?
DominikRudnicki Offline
Thanks for the help guys I think I'll check other places first then buy some nice rims!
#67585 - 06/17/05 02:30 AM Re: Will these rims fit?
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Hello,

Several people run with 114.3 bolt pattern. The rim will mount, but goes into a bit of a bind when being torqued down. I've never heard of any complaints from people with these rims, but I'm a bit skeptical about wheel studs breaking.

The 8.5" wide rim may work on the GP, pending on the offset, or set back, pending on who you talk to. I've heard of people having to get their fenders "rolled" because of rubbing issues with such a wide rim, or too deep of an offset.

Later now,
Clint

http://pdxcgp.com
#67586 - 06/17/05 08:18 AM Re: Will these rims fit?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
8.5 is awfull wide. If you want to run that wide of a rim. You need to know the offset. When oversizing that much it's best to poney up the cash and go to a tire/wheel store and have some rims test fitted to your car.