Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#6786 - 05/02/02 10:57 AM Re: Autocrossing w/ your Grand Prix
Chew Offline
Loc: Washington, DC
Where is it going to be, E? Anywhere around here?

I should be getting my Coilovers in this month ... and hopefully the Eradispeed brakes will be my next mod.

I figure if we go in and race - even if we do poorly in our classes (I mean given our mods, we'll prolly end up in open class or something silly - against modded bimmers and vettes), at least we'll be able to have some fun!

Chew

2007 Sly Silver Pontiac Solstice GXP
#6787 - 05/02/02 12:44 PM Re: Autocrossing w/ your Grand Prix
MrQuija Offline
Loc: Derwood, MD
With suspension mods (coilovers, struts), you are playing with Street Mod. That class is not fun at all. You have to put up with V8's and lotsa AWD DSM's

Quote:
and FINALLY... do NOT listen to Queerja .. caus he SUCKS at autocross... he has such nicknames as Screech, MrScreecja and more
As for your comments MR Eric WydeRide, those were with the RSA's. And no matter how much air you put into that thing, it squeaks like a mother around turns because of the rear swaybar.

Now, if my car can handle the stress, I will take some turns at the Salazar events. smile
#6788 - 05/02/02 03:24 PM Re: Autocrossing w/ your Grand Prix
Bill Staples Offline
Loc: Manassas Park, Va
Quote:
Originally posted by Chew:
Bill,
You ... not look like an ASS? Thats gonna be hard wink

No wait ... I'm confusing you with Cattie devilgrin

Maybe we can get some WDCCGPers and MACCGPers to go in and have a big Grand Prix turnout. That would be very cool, IMHO.

Although if my memory of SCCA rules isn't too out of date, most of our cars will be in the modded classes by now given what we've done to them. And unfortunately most of those mods aren't suspension or handling related (at least not yet!).
Most of mine are laugh front and rear stb and front and rear anti-sway bars with better tires. Only engine mods are a heat shield, cai, 160 tstat, and ase chip.
#6789 - 05/03/02 09:23 AM Re: Autocrossing w/ your Grand Prix
Chew Offline
Loc: Washington, DC
Hey Bill,

Just noticed you have a 160 TStat. Did you notice any gas mileage changes when you switched over? I.E. did your MPG get any worse?

Just curious. [Rotate]

Chew

2007 Sly Silver Pontiac Solstice GXP
#6790 - 05/03/02 02:04 PM Re: Autocrossing w/ your Grand Prix
Curt Rosenstengel Offline
Loc: Grand Rapids, Michigan
I autocross in Western Michigan with a couple of groups (SCCA, Furrin Group) and I was put into STX class (Street Touring for cars w/bigger than 3.0l engines, up to 5.0l). I recently beat a Subaru WRX turbo. I have STB's, 12" brakes, race tires, and soon Poly bushings. I figure if I ever destroy the tranny, I'll add LSD which still keeps me in STX. If anybody is interested in autocrosses in West Michigan, send me an e-mail. We have about a dozen scheduled for this year (and a couple of rallycrosses, autox in the dirt! but I use my old Triumph for that).
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2