Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#69472 - 07/22/07 09:39 PM Re: First time at the track!
gteisele Offline
Loc: New Jersey
i know all about scanning and KR but thats much later.....as for now i dont know were i put them but i ran a 2.1 60 ft and the track was very sticky as for air pressure at 25 pulled headlight and well thats bout it excpet the air wasnt perfect kind of hot and humid but still a 15.01? at like 93mph
(99 GT),K&N 9" intake,ZZP HV TB(68mm), ZZP PCM,ZZP front powerlog, HV3 intake manifold spacer, 3" DP to SLP exhaust,Comp Cam 801 and springs, MSD ignition,Voltage Booster,black housing headlights with HID kit and halos
#69473 - 07/23/07 12:18 AM Re: First time at the track!
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Hello,

To add to the post above, I would like to point out that you may not have had "optimal" conditions. One time to the track is not a good way to determine what your car is capable of..... Through out a whole season, my ET's will go up and down pending on track prep and weather conditions by as much as a 1/2 a second. If you're interested in seeing improvements with minimal work, just keep your maintainence items clean and keep going to the track. Improve your driving skills, and you may eventually see as much as a 1/2 a second improvement.

http://pdxcgp.com
#69474 - 07/23/07 01:38 AM Re: First time at the track!
Bad97GTP Offline
Loc: Converse, TX
Quote:
Improve your driving skills, and you may eventually see as much as a 1/2 a second improvement.
That's why I was asking him about his 60' time, but 2.1 is really good for a GT. NA cars generally don't get 1.9-2.0 short times without lots of mods and/or drag radials/slicks. Just don't have the lowend TQ.

A 93 MPH trap is pretty good, trap speeds are a better indicator of power output than ET's. Did you happen to put your car on the scale at the track? My GT weighed in around 3400 lbs. w/spare & jack removed, GTP was over 3800 lbs.

Best way to make more power in your case is to tune. Add timing, lean out the 02's as much as possible (as long as you don't have KR), and make sure your LTFT's are locking 0 in PE. A set of S&S headers probably wouldn't hurt, either.

You'll be a lot happier once you get an L67 though. Had you put the same money into a supercharged engine, you'd be low 13's for sure.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3