Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#69563 - 05/06/07 02:04 PM for the big rim lovers....
2muchspl Offline
Loc: merrillville
heres my GP,I ditched the 20's for 22's jawdrop

#69564 - 05/06/07 02:25 PM Re: for the big rim lovers....
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
if you hit a speed bump your rear tires will rip off your bumper hope you have a hd tranny and that you dont mind the loss of power
#69565 - 05/06/07 02:31 PM Re: for the big rim lovers....
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
please tell me you aren't keeping those on there...

it's too... blingy for our little GPs.

I'm sorry, but Escalade coems to mind when I see those rims.

And the only thing I hate more than Escalades are Crystler Town and Countries because ever one I've ever seen, the driver drives like a jerk.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#69566 - 05/06/07 02:42 PM Re: for the big rim lovers....
2muchspl Offline
lol there are no speed bumps where i live-seriously... maximum lift and realigned, front inner wells were massaged to clear as well as the ground effect at the 8'o clock position on the front wheel.

performance loss.. 300lbs of sounds pretty much killed that. besides I dont race cars, see photo

shameless plug :rolleyes: pick up the May issue of SuperStreetBike my bike is in that issue. small pic, but hey its a start.
#69567 - 05/06/07 02:46 PM Re: for the big rim lovers....
2muchspl Offline
no i'll take em off........ in the winter.
no such thing as too blingy where I'm from. its some great looking cars here, and big rims are in. even baby mamas are on 20's round here.
#69568 - 05/06/07 02:47 PM Re: for the big rim lovers....
4drgt Offline
i would put smaller rims on .... your tranny and motor will thank you ... !! those rims look like they should go on a truck...
#69569 - 05/06/07 02:49 PM Re: for the big rim lovers....
4drgt Offline
do those baby mamma's drive suv's ?? beause thats prolly why??
#69570 - 05/06/07 03:00 PM Re: for the big rim lovers....
2muchspl Offline
all b.s. aside I dont drive this car hard. "go on a truck" is hilarious man- thats the point.
to seperate from the lil rim haters and the stock GPs. and I already had "smaller" rims. they dont get the look at me factor, like them 22s. big is in- for now, whateva the next "it" thing is rest assure Ill have that too. I mean my sound system is enough to rip the trunk open (had it re welded). do i need that much bass?No.
but do I wanna have the same stuff some kid workin at mcdonalds can go get at bestbuy? HELL NO.
thats the logic behind big rims...get it?
#69571 - 05/06/07 03:03 PM Re: for the big rim lovers....
4drgt Offline
well best of luck to you.... i would rather have a grand prix that looks bone stock but then when someone rolls up to you at the light as soon as that light turns green i want to blow the doors off. I would rather focus on performance but every grand prix'er has there own style your think just might not be everyone elses thing
#69572 - 05/06/07 03:06 PM Re: for the big rim lovers....
2muchspl Offline
not suv's but they can put more than half the grand prix's in here to shame with the custom work on ther {variuos make though} cars. these girls play ball out here....hope you dont go out in the 1st round like the mav's cheers
#69573 - 05/06/07 03:16 PM Re: for the big rim lovers....
2muchspl Offline
so your more race oriented?? that exactly what im not in a car. I roll slow to be seen. and when a want see the triple digits it honda for me. I guy in a monte SS blew past me last night leavin the club, we both got caught at the next light and I just unleashed that bass. it had him and his girl looking sick.
I admired his ride, cause it growled when he floored it. so I guess I do kinda long for some get up and go power every blue moon.
#69574 - 05/06/07 04:24 PM Re: for the big rim lovers....
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
Just a culture difference.

Some people are into placing in as much Horsepower as possible. Whether its 5 to 100 hp, its all golden. They then either enjoy the power, go street racing or drag racing. Downsides are loss of engine reliability, increase emissions and decreased MPG (all depending on the mod). Also, there is a speed limit on the roads so you can only go so fast.

Others are more into shine and driving slow for attention. Power is of lower priority because it isn't going to be used. Downsides are loss of reliability, decrease of ride comfortability and reduced mpg, and increase change of theft.

My thought has always been do what you want but if you do it, do it right. No duct tape, unpainted, misaligned surfaces.
Ideas that are not good:
http://photo.ricecop.com/pics/clisetruck.jpg
http://www.trinituner.com/musa/Untitled-10.jpg
http://img217.exs.cx/img217/1322/cb1b6gm.jpg

As far as your car goes, I like it. Nice clean look. If you were to paint it with purple bears, then no. From looking at that bike, I don't see that happening.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#69575 - 05/06/07 05:00 PM Re: for the big rim lovers....
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by 2muchspl:
all b.s. aside I dont drive this car hard. "go on a truck" is hilarious man- thats the point.
to seperate from the lil rim haters and the stock GPs. and I already had "smaller" rims. they dont get the look at me factor, like them 22s. big is in- for now, whateva the next "it" thing is rest assure Ill have that too. I mean my sound system is enough to rip the trunk open (had it re welded). do i need that much bass?No.
but do I wanna have the same stuff some kid workin at mcdonalds can go get at bestbuy? HELL NO.
thats the logic behind big rims...get it?
I'm not into heavy bass anymore. Some folks don't want to hear all that when they are focused on something inside their home or when they want peace and quiet. Then you have someone outside bumpin' going "boom boom, look at me, boom boom crack, daddy didn't love me, boom boom crack, da boom boom...pause..crack crackcrack" (yes, I know the beat is nice :p ). Noone wants to hear all that. I used to do it because I like the way the bass feels and I like they way my favorite songs reacted to my system. But because of the said reasons, I stopped.

I'm also not into street racing at lights within a city. End up hitting a kid, getting pulled over, loss of control, hitting a car or motocycle merging into traffic, etc. Some folks who do it say "Hey, I'm in control at the time and noone is around. Besides, that kid in a honda must be beat because 4 cyl cars like hondas are the evil!" Sure, you might be in control but they may not be the best drive. Not worth it if the other guy ends up dead.

Life's about risk and fun and not always playing it safe but not at someone else's expense.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#69576 - 05/06/07 05:59 PM Re: for the big rim lovers....
2muchspl Offline
them pics are funny,
"Others are more into shine and driving slow for attention. Power is of lower priority because it isn't going to be used. Downsides are loss of reliability, decrease of ride comfortability and reduced mpg, and increase change of theft."
well said......
I got the highs too family it aint just all bass. but I know excatly what you mean. Ive re done so many cars because the owners main priority was bass, only to realize that their highs cant keep up. Ive also removed more than my fair share of systems out of peoples cars caust their electrical system cant supply the power. like you said "DO IT RIGHT"
#69577 - 05/06/07 07:06 PM Re: for the big rim lovers....
Igor Offline
Loc: Columbia/College Park, MD
I'm not big into the huge rims unless I had an SUV...then I'd put some big rims on. But if you like it, then it's all good.