Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#69746 - 12/19/08 09:28 PM Re: How To: Install HID's
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by GrandPrixGTAlpine:
Is the buzzing when HID's are on normal? I cant hear it when car is started but when the car isnt running and their on (dont do it often at all) they kinda buzz a lil bit, its kinda high pitched. They also flicker a bit when first starting when its super cold out..I take it maybe there just not getting enough voltage right away? They've never flickered when on.

Also does anyone know how reliable they are and if i should probably carry an extra set of bulbs around (normal ones) just in case they go out?
Yes, the sound is normal, as well as the flickering.

They are fairly reliable, just don't flash them on and off alot really quickly.

You can carry another set of bulbs if you want but their is a bit of work in getting stock halogens to work again while your HID's are installed. Alot more then I would care for if it's just temporary.
#69747 - 12/20/08 04:01 PM Re: How To: Install HID's
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by GrandPrixGTAlpine:
Is the buzzing when HID's are on normal? I cant hear it when car is started but when the car isnt running and their on (dont do it often at all) they kinda buzz a lil bit, its kinda high pitched. They also flicker a bit when first starting when its super cold out..I take it maybe there just not getting enough voltage right away? They've never flickered when on.

Also does anyone know how reliable they are and if i should probably carry an extra set of bulbs around (normal ones) just in case they go out?
That's the sound that they make.

Mine have been the same bulbs for years, they're fine.
#69748 - 12/20/08 04:15 PM Re: How To: Install HID's
jorgs_7 Offline
Loc: Eagan,MN
FINALLY i got my HIDs in after 4 hours in 17* weather rewiring everything ... but its well worth it !