Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#70640 - 11/24/04 10:39 AM I'm new here!!!
01redfireGTP Offline
Loc: Indiana
savewave Hey everyone!!!

I just bought a 2001 Redfire GTP and am looking for some mod ideas. I am pretty new to this so any suggestions would be welcomed. I guess, I just don't know where I should start.

Custom Intake, Autolite 104s, 180* T-stat, Clear Corners, Custom Grilles, Pulley Boys 3.4 Pulley, Gauges, Angel Eye Fogs, DHP 1.0v PCM, 3" DP and cat & u-bend delete...
#70641 - 11/24/04 10:52 AM Re: I'm new here!!!
4rsssfed_grandprix98 Offline
Loc: South Bend
Welcome to our abode.

As far as the modding goes, I would probably start out with a new intake, or a PCM, after that you would want to start thinking about getting the U-bend removed and adding little KR reducers like new plugs, or a T-stat to make things a little safer for a smaller pulley. I'd say after you have changed the plugs gotten a new intake on and removed the u-bend then you are ready for a 3.4" pulley, but you will definately want to scan for KR before and after the installation of the new pulley.

Make Sense???

VS Cam,CompCams lifters,ZZPpushrods,Rollmaster double,4"intake,PLog headers,3"exhaust,IntensePCM,3.3"mps,ZZPHDTrans,3.29gears,2500 stall,GMPP adjustable suspension,TB spacer,160*tstat
#70642 - 11/24/04 02:30 PM Re: I'm new here!!!
RyanJ Offline
Loc: Warren, Michigan
I’ve only got a GT, but my first mods where to delete the U-bend, and put a new intake on (only an open cone right now, gonna build a box around it soon)

I don’t think they gave much more HP, but it makes the throttle much more responsive, and revs up faster, and accelerates faster

'99 GP GT, Custom CAI, 180 T-Stat, U-bend Delete, NGK TR55IX plugs and Taylor Super Spiro wires.
#70643 - 11/24/04 06:17 PM Re: I'm new here!!!
hot2000gtp Offline
Loc: Cleveland Ohio
Definetly delete the u-bend and maybe look for some magnaflow mufflers, but if you have the money i would go with an slp exhaust i had a big increase an horsepower with mine.

Welcome
#70644 - 11/24/04 06:27 PM Re: I'm new here!!!
InitialDGP Offline
Loc: Germantown, Maryland USA
Get your ride breathing better first, your choice of intake upgrade and u-bend delete, possibly an exhaust mod to go with it, after that id go PCM to get the most out of your intake and exhaust mods. Theres your first 300+bucks so pick wisely, let us know how it goes.
Modified 2001 Grand Prix GT 3800 Red/Orange Kills: Acura RSX type-S, Early 90's Rx-7, Mustang 5.0GT, Modded Cavalier, Assorted Civics, Assorted Integras, Sentra SE-R Spec-V, F-150, Early Modded Golf, Modded GP SE, Stock GP GT, Altima 2.5S, Maxima. Killed By: Modded RSX-S, Heavily Modded Older RX-7, 2005 Altima 3.5, VW Bora Modded, Modded Turbo'd Jetta. Now retired till further modification.
#70645 - 11/24/04 06:32 PM Re: I'm new here!!!
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Welcome...and have fun modding it!
Got any pics?

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#70646 - 11/25/04 03:44 AM Re: I'm new here!!!
realdaytona500pacecar Offline
Loc: Chicago
Welcome to the board. I hope you were not in the red GTP I saw yesterday hung over a ditch with the back wheels in the air and the bottom caked with mud! (On Illinois HWY 49) I would have stopped, but an Illinois State trooper was already there. It is always sad to see a nice GTP in a perilous situation. I hope the car is alright. Oh, and the driver too!
#70647 - 11/25/04 05:40 AM Re: I'm new here!!!
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
All good suggestions,newer models have a decent intake so a drop in K&N will help ,but I would figure out your goals before modding ,the reason i say this i see a lot of people doing lets say rockers ,which is not a bad mod but they then decide to go to a cam ,if you know what you want to achieve from the start you can save a lot of work and $ ,and do a lot of research it will help you in your projects.
#70648 - 11/25/04 05:50 AM Re: I'm new here!!!
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Welcome to the board I hope we can help you any way you need. I agree with what everyone states above. But first off when you say mod you have to ask yourself what do you want out of the car? Are you racing it? just want a little more oomph on the street? Set some goals then start your questions. As Chico was saying we have known people or even our selves who end up wasting money on mods only to remod because we want more then we have now. If you set a goal it'll save you money and time in the long run.
#70649 - 12/01/04 09:35 AM Re: I'm new here!!!
01redfireGTP Offline
Loc: Indiana
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions...hopefully I can get started on moding my GTP now.

~Austin GTP~
I haven't taken any pics yet because I live in Indiana and it's rained everyday since I bought my car frown , so now it needs to be cleaned up before I take any pics and hopefully, the weather will cooperate so that I can clean it up before winter gets here...

~HercMan~
I don't plan on racing my car however, I do want a little more ooomph on the street. For goals, I guess, I'd say I want faster accel...better mpg...and more hp...

and thanks again for all the help...I'm sure, I'll need more than this though wink

Custom Intake, Autolite 104s, 180* T-stat, Clear Corners, Custom Grilles, Pulley Boys 3.4 Pulley, Gauges, Angel Eye Fogs, DHP 1.0v PCM, 3" DP and cat & u-bend delete...
#70650 - 12/01/04 09:43 AM Re: I'm new here!!!
4rsssfed_grandprix98 Offline
Loc: South Bend
Quote:
Originally posted by 01redfireGTP:
I want faster accel...better mpg...and more hp...

lol lol lol Dont we all

VS Cam,CompCams lifters,ZZPpushrods,Rollmaster double,4"intake,PLog headers,3"exhaust,IntensePCM,3.3"mps,ZZPHDTrans,3.29gears,2500 stall,GMPP adjustable suspension,TB spacer,160*tstat
#70651 - 12/01/04 10:44 AM Re: I'm new here!!!
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Welcome to the family.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#70652 - 12/01/04 02:54 PM Re: I'm new here!!!
ExpyGator Offline
Loc: Gainesville Florida
Welcome. Don't forget about other forums like ClubGP. Between this one and a few others, there is a wealth of information available to you. Also check out ZZperformance and Intenseracing. Look into peoples signatures and check out their mods....and by all means, ask questions. Have fun modding your car.
#70653 - 12/01/04 03:06 PM Re: I'm new here!!!
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RyanJ:
[QB] I’ve only got a GT, but my first mods... QUOTE]

As a family i'll let everybody know when i'm hurt...

Why you say "I've only" as if the GT were a punishment...i feel hurt... frown maybe is not as fast and desired as GTP but we have our heart and we can easily beat a supermarket car.!

Alex cheers

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
----------------------------------
#70654 - 12/02/04 02:59 AM Re: I'm new here!!!
RyanJ Offline
Loc: Warren, Michigan
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RyanJ:
[QB] I’ve only got a GT, but my first mods... QUOTE]

As a family i'll let everybody know when i'm hurt...

Why you say "I've only" as if the GT were a punishment...i feel hurt... frown maybe is not as fast and desired as GTP but we have our heart and we can easily beat a supermarket car.!

Alex cheers
sorry to offend you, I LOVE my GT. definatly not a punnishment. and it is faster than alot of cars out there.

'99 GP GT, Custom CAI, 180 T-Stat, U-bend Delete, NGK TR55IX plugs and Taylor Super Spiro wires.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >