Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#71005 - 05/15/02 08:33 PM 2 problems
VVgtp Offline
Loc: Ontario
hi all, i finally switched from the yahoo site i just joined 1 day before it was shut down, anyways.
i hope you guys..n gals can help me out i recently purchased a 97 gtp with around 70,000 kms and i have these two nagging problems
1.the abs light and check tire pressure light come on at the same time when this happens the steering wheel is stiffer as well. i have taken it to a dealer who repaired some connection to a wheel sensor but informed me i need a new hub. the lights are still coming ondo i really need a new hub or just a wheel sensor

2.when on the highway my car seems to be shifting in and out of gear rapidly only on hills or corners when i apply light throttle (just enough to maintain speed) it is hardly noticably, it feels and sounds like you drive over a tiny crack in the road if i apply more throttle,or decrease throttle it disappears. this happen with the cruise cont. on or off as well as with performance mode on or off
#71006 - 05/16/02 07:22 AM Re: 2 problems
MrQuija Offline
Loc: Derwood, MD
Not sure about your throttling problem...

I dont know how the tire pressure gauge works on the 97's (2000's dont have one frown . But your abs sensor is attached to the hub bearing. I'm not sure if you can purchase the ABS sensor separately through GM.
#71007 - 05/16/02 09:09 AM Re: 2 problems
crazyliver Offline
Loc: Canada
hey there. there is a guy in the ontario club that is having this kind of problem with the lights. Also, as mentioned before, the sensor is a part of the hub.

Come on over to www.oqcgp.net and go to the forum. What colour of GP do you have, and where are you located? I live in kitchener.

Steve
#71008 - 05/16/02 01:42 PM Re: 2 problems
97GreenGTP Offline
Loc: Coon Rapids MN
I have a 97 also, my check psi light and ABS lights have came on a few times together but stay off if I restart the car. In the owners manual it says that if both lights are on together than there is a problem with the check tire pressure system. let me know what you figure out. -Brian