Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#71268 - 05/01/02 06:41 PM The offical "What to do and bring to PE400" thread
Dan Schulman Offline
Loc: Mt. Airy (up on I-70 between F...
I've seen a couple of oddball posts around and I'd like to get solid answers in one place about this weekend. I've got some questions:

I'm assuming the Friday night race isn't as time-critical as Saturday... I'll probably be in Richmond around 3-4pm. Too late?

How are we going about preping our cars.. can't have a dirty GP in front of thousands of NASCAR fans, and my car loves to get dirty even on short highway trips. Can we go in a big convoy and take over a car wash or something?

Anything else? I've read Marc's email but I'm always thinking up stupid stuff. --BD
Two 10" Kicker VR Comp subs, two Zapco studio 100X Mono amplifiers, (the rest is the stock system inside car) Future Performance Mods: INTENSE rockers, 3.25" pulley with assorted KR prevention--Future Apperance: 18x8 Voxx Forza wheels with Kumho tires --BD
#71269 - 05/01/02 08:31 PM Re: The offical "What to do and bring to PE400" thread
MrQuija Offline
Loc: Derwood, MD
Dan, things to bring. Hide a cooler inside your car for some tiny drinks (no alcohol per rules). Bring a sweater, it'll get cold when daylight is gone and the cars are driving by you.

As for the car wash. We didn't hit any local car washes last year. All we could do was meet up at the hotel and just try and clean the car as best as we could. You could bring some water (in some milk jugs), bucket, soap and whatever you use. You probably just need to clean off the side mirrors, and the front fascia. You can use windex and paper towels to wipe off the windshield.

Best advise is to wash the car up at your place, drive down early in the morning (turn off fog lights to not attract bugs!!) and hope for the best that you dont have too much cleaning to do.
#71270 - 05/02/02 11:43 AM Re: The offical "What to do and bring to PE400" thread
Dan Schulman Offline
I'm gonna find a car wash somewhere somehow.. have to.. silver shows everything mad
Two 10" Kicker VR Comp subs, two Zapco studio 100X Mono amplifiers, (the rest is the stock system inside car) Future Performance Mods: INTENSE rockers, 3.25" pulley with assorted KR prevention--Future Apperance: 18x8 Voxx Forza wheels with Kumho tires --BD
#71271 - 05/02/02 12:35 PM Re: The offical "What to do and bring to PE400" thread
MrQuija Offline
Loc: Derwood, MD
Dan,

I still think you'll get away with your car if you wash it on Saturday morning. Trust me, when you get to RIR, it'll get dusty from all the dirt that floats around in the air. Our cars were layered with fine sand dust and I had to constantly use my california duster to get rid of it all.

BTW, when do you plan on leaving? We can caravan together...you know I'm right off of 270.
#71272 - 05/02/02 10:57 PM Re: The offical "What to do and bring to PE400" thread
Dan Schulman Offline
Ricky are you rolling down Friday? I have to work till 1pm then I'm rolling from my friend's house in Bethesda (gotta pick him up). If you're still interested let me know.

Since I have to be at work at 5 tomorrow, I won't see this post. If you wanna meet up, call me on my cell phone (No prank calls fellas!)
240-401-1542 or at work 202-364-8250 till 1 or so. Later --BD
#71273 - 05/03/02 04:26 PM Re: The offical "What to do and bring to PE400" thread
Chrissy from MA Offline
Loc: Kingston, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Schulman:
If you wanna meet up, call me on my cell phone (No prank calls fellas!)
240-401-1542 or at work 202-364-8250 till 1 or so. Later --BD
Fellas??What bout us girls?? j/k

lol

Mods: Thrasher CAI w/ Relocated IAT Sensor, STB's, 180-Tstat, RT High flow CAT, SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, DHP PCM, MSD Coils,GM Tranny Cooler, Painted calipers w/ Grandprix decals,MSD Coils,PIAA superwhite headlights and Superwhite fogs,clear corners, and a whole lotta bass....