Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#71896 - 07/29/04 02:41 PM best color for grand prix GT
zeebs17 Offline
Loc: Derby,CT
hey all. I bought my grand prix with a few minor scratches in the back bumper (can't get out by waxing)...the car is currently a white grand prix.. www.cardomain.com/id/zeebs17 but I'm thinking of painting it IF that will take the scratches off the rear bumper. Kinda like a 2 for 1 deal.. anyway I was thinking silver is a nice color. What do you guys think? Interior is like a charcoal cloth material goes with any color.
16" torque star wheels
40GB mp3 player
www.cardomain.com/id/zeebs17
#71897 - 07/29/04 02:42 PM Re: best color for grand prix GT
zeebs17 Offline
Loc: Derby,CT
On the site I photoshopped up the picture of the rear picture so you can't see the scratches I am talking about. It's more like the person backed into something and chipped away a few very small pieces around the license plate area.
16" torque star wheels
40GB mp3 player
www.cardomain.com/id/zeebs17
#71898 - 07/29/04 02:47 PM Re: best color for grand prix GT
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Best color is red, why?
Cause mine is RED!!!!

Alex, congratulations for your GT!!! cheers

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
----------------------------------
#71899 - 07/29/04 03:07 PM Re: best color for grand prix GT
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
KEEP IT WHITE!!!

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#71900 - 07/29/04 03:25 PM Re: best color for grand prix GT
Adam S. Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, Wi
I'd try buffing out the bumper with some scratch or swirl mark remover, preferably 3M. You may have to have a body shop do this, as they'll have all the right equipment to do it right, like buffer, correct pads, different grades of compounds, etc. When using compound, you're actually working with the paint instead of just filling in the imperfections with wax. Maybe consult them first before putting up the money for a new paint job. Or just ask their opinion to see if it can be buffed out.
#71901 - 07/29/04 04:32 PM Re: best color for grand prix GT
crashGT Offline
Loc: Chicago,IL
i like it white, but its ur car...if u think silver would look good, go for it! and see if u can get those scratches out before u paint the car (like adam said). good luck! and congrats on ur GT!! thumbsup
#71902 - 07/29/04 08:12 PM Re: best color for grand prix GT
Jizz Offline
Loc: Central Maryland
I say white -- white is coooooool! cool
#71903 - 07/29/04 08:23 PM Re: best color for grand prix GT
zachd Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
(in a post whore fasion) jizz are you back for good?
#71904 - 07/29/04 08:35 PM Re: best color for grand prix GT
RawGTP Offline
Loc: HAYWARD,CA
it seems that everyone is going for the color they already have on their vehicles. Honestly
i've seem them all in different colors and the ones the look the best are RED and BLACK. But then again everyone's got different taste.

Just how I dreamed it to have it!!
#71905 - 07/29/04 08:37 PM Re: best color for grand prix GT
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Definately check and see what can be done. But if your gonna paint it go and do something different like a two tone. I always thought that a black over a metallic gun metal silver type looks great. Makes the car look lower and meaner. But hey it's just an idea.
#71906 - 07/29/04 11:30 PM Re: best color for grand prix GT
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
I habe white and I like it....but I would prefer silver...might do that when it's paid off. A good color would be the new color on the 04 GP. That orangish color. Burnt orange as some would call it. Would like wicked nice. Havent seen any 97-03's with that color yet. But remember.....do the door jambs and under the hood and stuff like that.....I seen a few cars with a color change and they didn't do the jambs and it looked bad.......as for red.....too many red cars......fades fast....at least here in Texas....There are a few newer red cars runnning around down here and the paintis already fading...........Red is alright, but that's just my 2 cents. cheers
#71907 - 08/01/04 01:04 AM Re: best color for grand prix GT
Anarki Offline
Loc: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Mine is black and I love it, although it is very hign maintenance!!! Id say keep the car white and (I know most will not agree) do from the windows up in black, saw a pic on another board of a red one with a black roof and it looked sweet!
#71908 - 08/01/04 07:01 AM Re: best color for grand prix GT
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Yep I was thinkin a light silver with a black top the cabin roof, hood, rear decklid and then down about 1 inch onto the sides with a black pin stripe about a 1/8th of an inch below that. That would look sweet.
#71909 - 08/02/04 07:31 AM Re: best color for grand prix GT
Cometstorm Offline
Loc: O'Fallon, Missouri
My vote is for white or black....

Mine 02 GTP is silver, and I like it....

But, I think there's nothing sweeter than a nicely polished black, or white, Grand Prix....In ANY year! smile
#71910 - 08/02/04 11:51 AM Re: best color for grand prix GT
Adam S. Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, Wi
I'm kind of partial to black on any car, not just the GP. I'm not just saying that because mine happens to be black - mine happens to be black because that's what I wanted. I like silver as well on these cars, but nothing looks better than a freshly buffed and waxed black car, even though the maintenance is a pain in the you-know-what!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >