Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#73025 - 06/24/07 11:48 AM Headunit Help
GTPJesse Offline
Loc: Wis
Well I've been trying to install A piller, with gauges....so I was going to run the power to light up the gauges. I unplug the battery, and started to run everything. But I forgot to run to the store, and pick up some items that I need to run the boost gauge. So I plug in the battery....but I guess it wasn't tight enough, and I lost power on start up. Now my HU show "LOC" I don't have the "secret code" so my question is whats the best way to find out? the manual said call the dealer....will they charge me? how much? or is there another way of finding out the code with out having to go through 0000 to 9999 ??

Or am I better off installing my all in one JVC?
Appearance mods= 20% tint all around, HID's, rerouted flashes to fogs and tails, front grill has a Red Gtp badge,Calipers painted red, engine cover painted silver, and with red lettering, rear pontiac red overlays, and side Gtp badges have red overlays, Silver star fogs, A piller w/gauges boost installed, oil, knock have to be installed, and a GPS.

Mods to come= 3" DP, and others........haven't thought about it
#73026 - 06/24/07 12:29 PM Re: Headunit Help
20gtp02 Offline
I don't remember, but there might be some info on a search, this was a huge topic quite a few months ago. But if you have a nice head unit with your JVC I would install that. I did like the sound my stock headunit made with the Bose system, but it is limited to the aux inputs, outputs and the like.

#73027 - 06/24/07 12:39 PM Re: Headunit Help
Caesar Offline
Loc: Michigan
I just found this online somewhere...

"Press & hold the 2 & 3 buttons @ the same time for about 10 seconds; a 2 or 3 digit code will appear, write this # down,press & hold the am/fm button for about 10 seconds: another code will appear, write this # down, then call 1-800-537-5140 and enter 202108 followed by the # key, then enter the #'s that you wrote down from your radio followed by the * key. The call will give you a 3 or 4 digit override code. Write this code # down so you have it if you ever need it again. Enter this # into your radio following the instructions in your owners manual. If you get an override code that starts with 0, you drop the 0 when entering the code into your radio.
If you don't have an owners manual, try this, press & hold the hour button until the first 2 digits of your code come up, then press & hold the minute button until the last 2 digits show. Then press the am/fm button."

Hope this works for you
#73028 - 06/24/07 12:40 PM Re: Headunit Help
Lino Offline
Loc: Memphis, TN
Yeah I would go and install the JVC head unit it will save you the money of trying to go to dealership for them to unlock your radio.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2590135
#73029 - 06/24/07 01:07 PM Re: Headunit Help
GTPJesse Offline
Hey Caesar,

You are the MAN! Thanks for the fast help!! The write you did helped out a lot! Thanks you soooo much!
Appearance mods= 20% tint all around, HID's, rerouted flashes to fogs and tails, front grill has a Red Gtp badge,Calipers painted red, engine cover painted silver, and with red lettering, rear pontiac red overlays, and side Gtp badges have red overlays, Silver star fogs, A piller w/gauges boost installed, oil, knock have to be installed, and a GPS.

#73030 - 06/24/07 01:35 PM Re: Headunit Help
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
Fixed it?

'97 SE with alot of mods
#73031 - 06/24/07 01:51 PM Re: Headunit Help
GTPJesse Offline
Yes, and sorry don't mean to forget about everyone else! Thanks, and I want to put the aftermarket headunit JVC. But I rather wait until I get the relay so I don't lose the buttons on the steering wheel. Exp volume, and seek ext......

Now back to the drawing boards on the gauges. Lol