Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#73447 - 03/15/04 12:06 PM E20 Error, CD Player
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Hi,
My cd player doesn't plays everything, in fact almost new cd's is what it plays, and from 20 cds i've recorded just 2 of them can be played in mi radio.
I've read somewhere in this page that this error is about humidity, but what do you think?
Someone told me that when te laser of the cd player fails theres nothing to do.
I like how the dash looks with everything as it is, and don't want to buy a stereo that brokes with this design. cheers

Alex

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#73448 - 03/15/04 12:58 PM Re: E20 Error, CD Player
Adam S. Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, Wi
If I remember right, there was a Service Bulletin regarding this Error Code. Maybe call your dealer and see if they'll be nice enough to look it up for you, although I wouldn't hold my breath. You can check Edmunds online as well, although they may not list the entire bulletin, including what the recommended repair is.
#73449 - 03/16/04 02:09 PM Re: E20 Error, CD Player
PORKCHOP Offline
Loc: MALTA, N.Y.
Check to make sure the CDs you are burning are compatiable on all formats. Some won't play on all players. I burned one on the computer, and can play it on the CD in the computer, but it wouldn't on other things. Come to find out, I was using a CD-rw and it couldn't be used on the car radio. Also make sure the program closes at the end, if its open you can still write on it and it won't play. Thats mine experience with this. P/CHOP kooky
#73450 - 03/16/04 02:44 PM Re: E20 Error, CD Player
Alex Offline
i checked this but my cd sometiomes plays them and other not, in fact i just buy a new cd and in 20 times i inserted it just two has played it.
And sometimes playing it it stops and reject it marking E20 error.

Alex.

is ther in the market a cd player that fits in the dash color and not so different design? cheers

My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#73451 - 03/16/04 08:47 PM Re: E20 Error, CD Player
Adam S. Offline
Also, keep in mind that the stock CD players in our cars are a little dated in design; they were out well before mp3's and "burned" discs were. Their design dates back to right around '95 or so. A new aftermarket player will probably play your discs fine, but never really seem to fit perfectly, and are a magnet for thieves, depending on your area. Do you have any regular store-bought CD's that you could try?
#73452 - 03/17/04 12:28 PM Re: E20 Error, CD Player
Alex Offline
By regular "store bought" you mean cd's from a store?, i mean, cd's froma a label? original?
If so yes i have a lot, and usually it plays them, but not everyone. and if theres just a little stripe it reject them, and the same with scratches.
But, i have one cd that is very scratched, and is a burned one, and always plays it.

Alex confused

#73453 - 03/17/04 01:01 PM Re: E20 Error, CD Player
Adam S. Offline
Wow, that's strange. I'm going to assume that it's a problem with your player. And yes, by store bought I meant from a regular record label. As I posted earlier, I would check to see if there's any service bulletins on the CD player problem; I remember seeing something in the past, having to do with an Error Code being displayed on the head unit. Call your dealer or check Edmunds.com, to see if there's any applicable bulletins. If you can't find any, let me know and I'll look through my resources.
#73454 - 03/17/04 01:32 PM Re: E20 Error, CD Player
Alex Offline
Thanks Adam,

I'll look for it.
Maybe GP's doesn't like mexican music and tequila... crazy

#73455 - 03/17/04 07:36 PM Re: E20 Error, CD Player
Adam S. Offline
I'm not sure...maybe ask you dealer about that too. I don't recall seeing any Mexican music bulletins, though... smile
#73456 - 03/18/04 05:32 PM Re: E20 Error, CD Player
4 T 8 states Offline
Loc: winter park,fl
ive had a code 30 on my cl plya but no code 30.
ive pulled da manual n it did list a code 30.
good luck. if u find out what a code 30 is let us no bcause if i get it ill want to no how to correct da problem. rememeber to keep da hammer down hammer
bearcat bct-7 law enforment/weatherband scanner
#73457 - 03/18/04 07:12 PM Re: E20 Error, CD Player
Adam S. Offline
Say what?
#73458 - 03/19/04 11:57 AM Re: E20 Error, CD Player
4 T 8 states Offline
Loc: winter park,fl
what i mean is ive had code 30 but never had code 20.
my manual list quite a few codes 30,31,32,33,34,35,.
e10,11 r for the tape player.
remember 2 keep da hammer down...
hammer
bearcat bct-7 law enforment/weatherband scanner
#73459 - 03/20/04 02:25 AM Re: E20 Error, CD Player
Jeff3800 Offline
Loc: se michigan
I got the e 20 the other day. I seems to happen every blue moon. I popped in a different cd and it worked fine. I have no idea what causes it. I think the actual cd player software sucks. The error correction is horrific.
#73460 - 03/22/05 03:31 PM Re: E20 Error, CD Player
AC97 Offline
Loc: Philadelphia
The irony, the last post was exactly one year ago to the DAY when I started the "E20" on my CD player (March 20, 2005 for me)

Never had an issue on burned CDs. This started off as if the speakers were fizzling out. on a REAL purchased CD, older DMB CD with some scratches. I ejected it, FM radio was not giving me sound problems. Put another disc in...would try to load for 5 seconds I guess, spit it out

UGH!
Another electrical issue with the car. Love the car, but I'm losing patience fast
#73461 - 03/22/05 05:22 PM Re: E20 Error, CD Player
KyleGT Offline
Loc: Madison, WI
my CD player has been having the "E20" error ever since I got the car a week ago, so I just put in a new Eclipse deck, which is way cheaper than it would have been to get the stock one repaired

Galaxy Silver Metallic 2001 GT ~ 70k miles Eclipse CD5425 deck, Eclipse & Kenwood speakers, Silverstars, rear bumper inlays, debadged, Flowmaster Super 40s and Gibson tips
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >