Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#7400 - 05/18/08 12:55 AM Re: Who has changed their driving habits to combat high prices?
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
I just drive how i want.

I doo the speed limit or maybe 5 over, 10 on the interstate.

I accelerate harder than I should but I like it that way.

What's the use of having all the mods but you never touch the happy pedal?

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#7401 - 05/18/08 12:56 AM Re: Who has changed their driving habits to combat high prices?
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
Please don't tell me you're going 55mph on the interstate (considering you said the limit is 65)? That's just plain dangerous, there is something to be said at going with the flow of traffic.

BTW, we always make fun of Buckeyes (Ohians) and people from most northern states. Here, it's rare to have a 3 or 4 lanes on the interstate (although that's changing). There are some long stretches that are just two lanes. Almost always if someone has an Ohio plate, they ride the middle lane on a 3 lane road, which isn't needed in KY. Except for upper Lexington and Louisville, the exits are far apart and simple, right-hand turnoffs. When it goes down to two lanes, those same idiots stay in the left friggin lane. If I was a police officer, I'd give everyone of them a ticket for the heck of it.
#7402 - 05/18/08 12:59 AM Re: Who has changed their driving habits to combat high prices?
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
I've been grand-mawing it around, except for the last fill up on Thursday. I've been sticking my foot in it just a little bit, so my mileage is off to a bad start with this tank.

laugh

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#7403 - 05/18/08 01:15 AM Re: Who has changed their driving habits to combat high prices?
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
I have read the some Ohio drivers on left lane in speed limit or slow from clubgp too. I haven't seen any driver slow on left lane. I'm on southern Ohio. Like I say I spend 97% time on highway for work to home or home to work. If you think it is dangerous for doing 55 mph on 65 mph. How come big truck over 4 ton must be 55 mph too? Is that dangerous too? We have 2 speeding limits. 65 mph for car and 55 mph for over 4 ton truck. Just think my car as big truck or whatever lol... In ohio law that highway lowest speed is 40. If below that I believe they will get ticket.

I have been doing that for 2 years. I don't have any accident if I'm 10 mph slower. I get bonus check from State Farm that I'm excellent driver. I have been no accident since 2001 and no speeding tickets for 2 years. I like 55 mph better. I know everyone love speeding. I do like speeding but I gotta slow down for gas saver and avoid ticket too. If everyone want save gas then try leave 10-15 minutes early than speeding it up for arrive on time. It is not hard. I have been doing for 2 years. Just try it out and you will feel better. Oh, I always light gas too. I don't have powerful engine like gt or gtp. SE for the FTW laugh
#7404 - 05/18/08 01:23 AM Re: Who has changed their driving habits to combat high prices?
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
I don't think a 4 ton truck has much to worry about if someone hits him.
#7405 - 05/18/08 03:21 AM Re: Who has changed their driving habits to combat high prices?
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
Even when I've tried babying my cars, I get little better than what I get if I drive the way I like.
That's how my car is. Even when I granny it, I still get in the 17's. So, why bother? I haven't changed a thing. I accelerate like normal, and gun it when I need to pass someone. 17's regardless.
#7406 - 05/18/08 09:17 AM Re: Who has changed their driving habits to combat high prices?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Only changes I've made are I make fewer trips durring the day and do what I can to combine my trips. Like running my errands on my way home since most of them are on my way anyways.
#7407 - 05/18/08 01:45 PM Re: Who has changed their driving habits to combat high prices?
GTPJesse Offline
Loc: Wis
I barely drive the Gtp. Either I walk to work since its only three blocks away or if me, and my girl work at the same time we car pool since we work at the same place it helps. If I have to drive I take her car. I've been really thinking about selling the Gtp but I'm not sure yet. My girl said no cause its paid off, and its nice to have roomie car, and that we can depend on as well for long rides. But idk yet. I have some thinking to do. If I do sell I'm going to demod her.

Gas prices isn't hurting me yet. Just a pain to see the needle always on low.
Appearance mods= 20% tint all around, HID's, rerouted flashes to fogs and tails, front grill has a Red Gtp badge,Calipers painted red, engine cover painted silver, and with red lettering, rear pontiac red overlays, and side Gtp badges have red overlays, Silver star fogs, A piller w/gauges boost installed, oil, knock have to be installed, and a GPS.

Mods to come= 3" DP, and others........haven't thought about it
#7408 - 05/18/08 02:07 PM Re: Who has changed their driving habits to combat high prices?
JPGTP Offline
Loc: Colorado Springs
Aint changed nuttin!!!! I'm still gettin between 16 and 18 mpg between fill ups.
#7409 - 05/20/08 11:45 PM Re: Who has changed their driving habits to combat high prices?
72chevman Offline
Loc: Where Dorthy,Toto & Wicked Wit...
Quote:
Originally posted by JPGTP:
Aint changed nuttin!!!! I'm still gettin between 16 and 18 mpg between fill ups.
Yes, most all of you Springs drivers are insane. My wife's best friend lives there so we visit twice a year. I would love to own a brake shop out there, not just due to the hills, but from the "normal" Springs driver. I love those that race me to the next red light.
03 GT, STB, GM HD sway bars, 35% tint, GE893(37watt)fogs, Flowtech Terminators, 180 T-stat, ZZP DP & PCM, Ceramic PLOG & Crossover, 18" glasspack, 2007 17" Mustang Bullits 235/55/17 Pirelli PZero Nero, 12" R1 D\S rotors, gutted air box, GTP radiator
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2