Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#76362 - 12/01/08 11:00 AM anyone else have bi xenon HID's?
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Loc: Ontario, Canada
well i just put in my bi xenon HID's and they are now scattering like no other. I know a few others have bi xenon HID's and was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

I had 9007 single beam before and they didn't do this. Then I had my projectors and they also never had a problem. Now i've gone back to stock lights with a bi xenon kit and they are all over the place. The hi beams move the beam lower and throw even less light. I'm thinking of taking of removing the metal shroud around the bulb in the capsule but i'm posting here in hopes that anyone else may have had this problem and just to get your opinions.
#76363 - 12/01/08 11:02 AM Re: anyone else have bi xenon HID's?
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Nope, single beams for me.

Edit: stupid question... are the bulbs in upside down?
#76364 - 12/01/08 11:13 AM Re: anyone else have bi xenon HID's?
r.s.hutchinson Offline
nope, the igniter piece (w/e that white plastic cover is over the wire that goes into the top of the bulb and into the base of the bulb) is at a different spot on each headlight. So 1 bulb has the igniter pointing sideways and the other has it pointing down. I've never found it changed anything when doing it before.

The bulb only moves in and out, their is a solenoid in the base of the bulb which when activated sucks the bulb in and reflects the light at a different angle, they aren't telescoping bulbs so they don't actually move up and down. So flipping it over I don't think would make the light shine higher. I am going to rotate the bulbs and see if I have a different outcome though, might as well try it.

One person on another board did remove the shroud so I'm waiting to see if he has pics or can say that the light was better afterwards.
#76365 - 12/01/08 02:16 PM Re: anyone else have bi xenon HID's?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I removed the shroud on my stock lights and it helped a tiny bit.
#76366 - 12/01/08 03:04 PM Re: anyone else have bi xenon HID's?
r.s.hutchinson Offline
yeah, these are aftermarket so they are screwed in there. I really don't want to take the lense off so i'm going to see if I can get it and bend it out.

Also, I think i've figured out the low and hi beam thing, I believe the wires are reversed on the blue headlight plug that came with it, so that would invert my low and hi beam.

Also read that the hi beams on these kits are pretty much useless.

Going to try some things out tonight.
#76367 - 12/01/08 04:03 PM Re: anyone else have bi xenon HID's?
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
Yep, Hutch I bet we have the same exact kit. To tell you the truth, I shoulda went with a single beam and 6000K. 8000K is not a lot of output but I do like the color. Lesson learned I guess.

Yeah, my high beams and low are inverted as well. That sucks because I like keeping the fogs on all the time. I've seen a thread in one of the boards that the wires are made wrong causing the invert. High beams suck IMHO. As for scattered, I don't really know, I have ice on my lenses kinda cold and snowy.

I feel like I threw some money down the drain on these. Couldn't use that harness because they are made for a "Dual Bulb". The guy that helped me install them said that the harness it comes with has a relay built in.

All in all I spent, $70ish for the "crap" bi xenon, $35ish on a single for my fogs that I haven't put in, in fear of melting my fog housings. On top of $45 on the harnesses that I got that won't work. Plus the S/H, plus my car knocks even with the mods I just put on. So yeah i'm a little down... frown

#76368 - 12/01/08 04:39 PM Re: anyone else have bi xenon HID's?
ordonez1307 Offline
from your original thread....
Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
Is there any reason you're gonna dish out the cash for a bi-xenon's? I have a single beam kit in the heads and fogs, and its really really bright already. I would never use the high-beams.
smile
#76369 - 12/01/08 04:42 PM Re: anyone else have bi xenon HID's?
tazfootball2 Offline
I know, I know I lose again... read in my other thread about the wideband that you told me I should get... lol chicken

#76370 - 12/01/08 04:47 PM Re: anyone else have bi xenon HID's?
ordonez1307 Offline
quote:
Originally posted by tazfootball2:
I know, I know I lose again... read in my other thread about the wideband that you told me I should get... lol crazy hammer laugh
#76371 - 12/01/08 04:48 PM Re: anyone else have bi xenon HID's?
ordonez1307 Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by r.s.hutchinson:

Also, I think i've figured out the low and hi beam thing, I believe the wires are reversed on the blue headlight plug that came with it, so that would invert my low and hi beam.
Having it flipped will invert that? confused I didn't know that. I guess it kinda makes sense.
#76372 - 12/01/08 05:03 PM Re: anyone else have bi xenon HID's?
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Quote:
Yep, Hutch I bet we have the same exact kit. To tell you the truth, I shoulda went with a single beam and 6000K. 8000K is not a lot of output but I do like the color. Lesson learned I guess.
The light output between the 8k and 6k is minimal. You probobly wouldn't notice much of a difference. Well it is nice to have hi beams, but unfortunately the ones that retract are not as good as the telescoping bulbs.

Quote:
Yeah, my high beams and low are inverted as well. That sucks because I like keeping the fogs on all the time. I've seen a thread in one of the boards that the wires are made wrong causing the invert. High beams suck IMHO. As for scattered, I don't really know, I have ice on my lenses kinda cold and snowy.
If you want to fix that then all you need to do is swap two pins in the blue plug. If you look at the blue plug on the relay harness that came with it, you'll see the 3 pins. Leave the middle one as I believe that is ground, and swap the two on the end.

Also, their is a mod you can do to keep your fog's on while your hi beams are on as well. I'm going to do it soon as well so my fogs don't flash when I go from low to hi and also will give me improved lighting. You should do that too.

Quote:
I feel like I threw some money down the drain on these. Couldn't use that harness because they are made for a "Dual Bulb". The guy that helped me install them said that the harness it comes with has a relay built in.
Sucks to hear that man, we've all wasted money on these at some time or another. It won't be the last time either!
#76373 - 12/01/08 05:40 PM Re: anyone else have bi xenon HID's?
tazfootball2 Offline
Ok, yeah i'll have to try that pin thing. What do you do just push the pin out and swap, that's it, or is it a little more complicated than that.

I know it won't be the last time I have wasted money. Live and Learn! ...Just new to this whole modding thing and I tend to get frustrated really quick, probably a bad combo... lol

#76374 - 12/01/08 05:43 PM Re: anyone else have bi xenon HID's?
jorgs_7 Offline
Loc: Eagan,MN
Quote:

I know it won't be the last time I have wasted money. Live and Learn! ...Just new to this whole modding thing and I tend to get frustrated really quick, probably a bad combo... lol
i agree 110% lol
#76375 - 12/01/08 05:48 PM Re: anyone else have bi xenon HID's?
r.s.hutchinson Offline
do you have a metal pick? it will make it alot easier. They do SORT OF just pop out, you have to pinch it and pull at the same time. Much easier with a metal pick. A tooth pick might work as well.